The saying that wearing some sunscreen for face is preferably better than using none at all is justified. It always helps to use such a lotion or sun cream in our regular skincare regimen because it protects our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays and reduces the chance of developing dark patches or hyperpigmentation. This article discusses what goes into making the top sunscreen and how you can shortlist one such product for yourself.
A daily skincare routine should include sun cream at home or out in the sun. Opting for sunscreen for the face benefits us in various ways, like maintaining a positive skin texture and protecting it from damaging UV rays. It also helps minimize the signs of premature aging and treat hyperpigmentation and dark spots. Thus, skincare experts advise using a safe, mild, efficient, and toxic-free sun cream that one may use daily.
The traits of greasy skin sunscreen should include providing a protective barrier on the skin against the sun’s harmful UV radiation and minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. This should also help treat other related skin care issues, such as dark spots and uneven skin tone, thus slowing down the onset of premature aging.
Opt for sunscreen that’s exclusively made for Indian climate? Try our Ultra Light Indian SPF 50 Sunscreen and PA+++.
What is SPF?
Sun Protection Filter, or SPF, measures sunscreen’s efficiency. In other words, it determines how well a sun cream protects against UV radiation, including UVA and UVB rays. Such a scream may contain active ingredients that protect your skin cells from environmental triggers. These days, the majority of this element may be found as a UV absorber or UV reflector.
Some of us understand the importance of wearing it during this scorching summer. But picking a sun cream with a higher SPF is also important. It protects you from UV exposure and hyperpigmentation and can also slow down signs of aging with regular application. In addition, you should opt for a sun cream that is non-toxic, safe, moderate, and effective enough.
Which Are the Top Sunscreens?
The most important question for any skin care professional is whether a product suits a certain skin type. The same is true for a sun scream too, and given the sunscreen for oily skin, one should still verify its usability for one’s skin type.
Top Mamaearth Sunscreens Range
At Mamaearth, we are driven ahead by the Goodness of Nature. We thus create a wide range of top sunscreen products made of safe, gentle, and toxin-free ingredients that work for all skin types and people of all age groups (over 15 years).
1. Ultra-Light Indian Sun Cream with SPF 50
To help protect and hydrate your skin in the sweltering Indian summers, this product offers PA+++ coverage and is enriched with Carrot Seed Oil, Turmeric, and Orange Oil. This is one of our top sunscreens and is safe for regular use.
Our Ultra-Light Indian sunblock cream offers up to 6 hours of UVA and UVB protection. Aligned for India’s hot and humid climate, It keeps your skin moisturized and nourished for a considerable period because it is lightweight and does not dry out or leave marks on your skin. This sun-protecting face cream also reduces tanning and maintains its natural radiance without making it greasy or sticky!
Let’s talk about its ingredients:
- Carrot Seed Oil: It thoroughly hydrates the skin and leaves no marks, making it a wonderful moisturizer and UV protector.
- Orange oil: Its non-stickiness, anti-inflammatory properties, and UVA and UVB protection increase the skin’s capacity to absorb sun cream quickly.
- Turmeric: Due to its antibacterial properties, turmeric is excellent for all skin types and has healing and therapeutic properties. It is a suitable sun cream for the summer too.
- Cananga oil: It creates a thick and protective external layer, protecting the skin from the environment.
2. Hydragel Indian Sunscreen with SPF50
A gel-based sunscreen is developed specifically for Indian skin. India’s summers are extremely hot and humid, and they cause higher temperatures for several months in a row. Skincare experts thus advise the residents to use sun cream with at least SPF 30.
Our SPF 50 Hydragel Indian Sun cream is specifically formulated to protect delicate skin from sunburn, tanning, hyperpigmentation, and other skin-damaging effects. It ranks among the dry skin sunscreen in its category. Try this Mamaearth sunscreen for pigmentation and treat your insecurities to the core.
Sun cream should be used three to four times daily for best results. So to fight the sweltering summers and keep your skin glowing all season long, our Hydragel Indian sun cream might be your go-to product.
Let’s talk about this toxin-free face gel’s ingredients and how it helps us every day:
- Aloe Vera: It is well-known for being strong in antioxidants. It hydrates the skin naturally while calming the skin and successfully combating dryness.
- Raspberry: It has a lot of antioxidants and vitamin C, which minimize the effects of aging. It maintains the skin healthy and youthful while protecting it against sun damage.
- Glycerin: Due to its moisturizing abilities, it is used in many skincare products. Glycerin hydrates the skin and prevents it from drying up for a long time.
3. Skin Illuminate Sunscreen Gel with SPF 50
Sun damage may prematurely age you and make your skin seem lackluster. This is why you should opt for Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Sun Cream Gel, which has an SPF 50 and PA+++. It protects your skin from the damaging effects of the sun’s UVA and UVB radiation.
The antioxidant-rich sun cream gel, made with the goodness of Vitamin C, prevents free radical damage and UV damage to provide skin shine. It also contains turmeric, prevents tanning, and gives your skin a healthy glow. This gel’s thin, non-sticky consistency helps it quickly absorb into the skin without leaving any greasy residue or stickiness.
Let’s talk about its ingredients:
- Vitamin C: It combats free radical damage and improves the skin’s natural glow.
- Turmeric: Packed with antioxidants, it improves your skin’s natural radiance and helps repair sun damage.
- Aloe vera: It has anti-inflammatory qualities that help soothe skin irritation.
- Glycerin: A powerful humectant, glycerin helps to retain moisture, keeping the skin supple and moisturized.
4. Sunscreen Body Lotion with SPF 30
Put an end to tanning and make room for a youthful glow. Introducing the benefits of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha in the Aloe Vera Sun Cream Body Lotion. Your body needs sun protection as well as your face. In addition to moisturizing the skin and reducing inflammation, Ashwagandha is a potent antioxidant that fights the effects of free radicals on the skin.
The body lotion’s non-greasy moisturization, efficient SPF 30 sun protection, and lightweight composition provide luminous and young skin. Additionally, it is Made Safe certified, which contains the Goodness of Nature and comes free from harmful toxins like sulfates and mineral oils.
Let’s talk about its components and how it helps us every day:
- Aloe Vera: It hydrates the skin and reduces irritation. It is rich in vitamins A and C.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha prevents and reverses the damage caused by free radicals.
- Carrot extract: Beta-carotene and antioxidant-rich carrot extract shield the skin from free radical damage and calm irritated skin.
- Red raspberry seed oil protects the skin from UV radiation and cures sun damage while providing natural sun protection.
Note: It always helps to use a face wash and pat dry one’s face before sunscreen. This keeps excess oil, dust particles, and other pollutants from making the sunscreen less effective. We also recommend using a face scrub once a week to cleanse the face more deeply.
What are the Benefits of Using Sunscreen?
You’ve heard about sun cream’s importance for your skin’s health and appearance. However, if you don’t use sun protection cream regularly as part of your skincare routine, you may risk compromising your skin due to environmental factors.
Here is a list of certain important benefits of sunscreen:–
- Minimizes the risk of skin cancer- Sunscreen protects your skin and lowers your risks of getting precancerous lesions and skin cancer. In addition, SPF significantly reduces the damaging effects of sun exposure when combined with other sun protection practices like wearing dark clothing and sunglasses.
Experts in the Skin Disease Organization believe that a sun cream with an SPF of 15 reduces your chance of developing cancer by 40%. It also reduces your chances of contracting melanoma (the most dangerous type of skin cancer) by 50%.
- Sun protection/suntan prevention- You might not be aware that UVA and UVB radiation from the sun can be harmful. It has also been linked to long-term skin damage, including the production of wrinkles and various skin conditions. It becomes worse with frequent sunbathing.
Most skin care issues like sunburn are thought to be brought on by UVB rays. Although uncomfortable, they have a clear link to one of the most serious types of cancer. This is because every time the skin absorbs UV rays from the sun, it might cause genetic damage to skin cells. The good news is that sun cream blocks UV rays by absorbing, reflecting, or scattering sunlight.
- Avoid skin irritation and inflammation: Prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful radiation may result in significant skin reddening and rashes. This is because the skin becomes damaged by the incoming UV rays. These rays start hurting the red blood cells, and our nervous system sends additional blood to the affected region to treat it.
- Slows down wrinkles and fine lines– It is possible with sun cream lotion, as it is one of the most effective anti-aging treatments. However, prolonged exposure to UV rays prematurely ages your skin and might slow collagen production, making your skin less flexible.
Sunlight damage contributes to up to 90% of noticeable signs of premature aging. As a result, adding SPF into your regular skincare routine may decrease the early signs of aging with minimum effort.
Tip: If you wear makeup every day, it will help to use a face toner to remove it more gently.
- Hyperpigmentation: Hyperpigmentation refers to the uneven darkening or discoloration of the skin. It is usually caused due to prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays, though it may also be caused due to genetic factors. Thus, body parts regularly exposed to sunlight, such as the hands, face, or other body parts, may develop blotchy skin or black spots.
SPF 50 Sunscreen is superior- and here’s why!
Even while a sunscreen with SPF 50 is often marketed as more efficient, some individuals still need to learn about its advantages over regular sunscreen. We shall thus examine why SPF 50 sunscreen is more effective, particularly when used regularly:
- Sunscreen SPF 50 offers long-term sun protection- Perhaps your best choice for protecting your skin from the sun’s damaging rays is to wear sunscreens. But not all sun-protecting creams are crafted equally. For instance, a sunscreen with a higher SPF number than one with a lower SPF value will offer more sun protection.
- More of the sun’s dangerous rays are filtered out by sunscreen with SPF 50– The Sun Protection Factor, or SPF, gauges how effectively sunscreen blocks off ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. UV rays from the sun can harm the skin even more, especially if the latter is exposed for an extended period of time.
- SPF 50 sunscreen lasts longer on your skin- To keep it effective outside in the sun, it is best to reapply sunscreen every two hours. But if you wear sunscreen with a lower SPF, you should reapply it more frequently. Sunscreen with a higher SPF will remain on your skin longer, requiring less frequent reapplication.
- Sunscreen with SPF 50 is more water resistant- It’s critical to select a water-resistant sunscreen if you want to swim or sweat a lot. A sunscreen with a higher SPF, such as a 50 SPF rating, will have higher water resistance.
- SPF 50 Sunscreen Offers Greater UVA Ray Protection– Brown patches, and premature wrinkles are carried on by ultraviolet A (UVA) radiation. Therefore, a sunscreen with an SPF of 50 gives significant UVA protection than sunscreen with a lower SPF.
- Reduces the risk of sunburns- Avoiding sunburn is among the key reasons for using sunscreen. Yet, you can still harm your skin even if you don’t get a sunburn. SPF 50 sunscreen can help protect you from sunburn and long-term harm.
- Less is more- To achieve the same level of coverage with sunscreen with a lower SPF, you might need to apply more. Conversely, when using sunscreen with a higher SPF, you can use less and yet receive the same level of protection.
How to Use Sunscreen?
- Sun cream is available in cream, gel, and lotion forms. Buy the one you prefer the most.
- Shake the container before mixing any components that may have clumped together.
- Apply a thick layer of sun cream to any part of your body that you anticipate will be exposed to the sun, including your ears, arms, shoulders, back, knees, and legs.
- Apply carefully near the eyes.
- Dermatologists advise applying sun cream 30 minutes before going outside.
- Repeat as necessary.
Opting for a skincare product that works well for your skin type is advisable. For example, if you have dry skin, you should opt for a sunscreen lotion that offers deep nourishment and protection from UV rays. On the other hand, if you have greasy skin, it is best to go for a non-greasy lotion that provides the same grade of sun protection without causing stickiness.
Our skincare products are appropriate for different skin types and align well with India’s hot and humid climate. Their regular application helps protect the skin from the summer’s harsh sun and radiation. It is safe to use this women and men sunscreens.
Additional info: We are Asia’s first Made Safe brand. We provide many safe and toxic-free body care, skincare, and hair care products for people with various skin types and textures. Additionally, we have already planted 300,000 saplings for each order placed on our website.
- Which sunscreen is best?
We recommend using a safe and gentle sunscreen that contains toxin-free ingredients. It should also feature SPF 30 or higher protection that provides long-term protection from the sun’s harmful radiation.
We thus recommend you opt for our Sunscreen Body Lotion with SPF 30. It features Aloe vera, Carrot Extracts, and Ashwagandha that help provide deep nourishment to the skin cells without being sticky, even in scorching summers. Moreover, being enriched with SPF 30 makes it effective against the sun’s UV radiation.
- When to apply sunscreen before or after moisturizer?
As a general guideline, you should finish your skin care regimen by applying sunscreen. Applying an SPF product after your moisturizer can help block off any strong rays since they are specially made with protective components. SPF is used after moisturizer, in other words.
- Why is sunscreen important?
One of the most effective and simple methods to protect the health and wellness of your skin at any age is using sunscreen. Regular use of sunscreen helps avoid sunburn, skin cancer, and early aging. Dermatologists address typical worries to help you incorporate sunscreen into your routine.
|Popular Search Terms|
Lip Care Tips, What is retinol, Hair Growth Tips, Hair Loss, Tea Tree Oil Benefits, Hair Fall, Dry hair, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Glowing Skin Tips, Dark Spots on face, Pigmentation on face, Papules acne, Acne, Pimple, Summer Skin Care Tips, Best Scar Removal Cream, Acne and Pimples, Skin Care Routine for dry skin, Blackheads and Whiteheads, Uneven Skin Tones, Ashwagandha Benefits, sunscreen and moisturizer