Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A and for long has been the go-to skincare solution for issues like break-outs or acne, reducing sun damage and fine lines, shrinking pores, and giving skin a smooth and dewy finish. If you sum up what retinol does to your skin, it would be all GOOD stuff!
So, what happens when you start using Retinol?
Retinol works rapidly to promote new skin cell generation. It aids in the collagen breakdown and thickens the deeper layers of the skin where skin issues like acne and wrinkles start. Retinol is an elixir for the skin. It helps combat acne, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and wrinkles. The time when you start using Retinol initially is termed the routinization period by dermatologists. It is essentially a transition phase for your skin when you may experience skin drying out, peeling, or reddening.
How Can I Use Retinol in My Daily Skincare Routine?
Skin experts suggest that it is perfectly safe to use retinol in your daily skin routine. Here is what retinol does when you use it regularly!
- Prevents Wrinkles: When incorporated into your daily skincare routine, retinol smoothens out the fine lines and wrinkles and helps develop new wrinkles that may form.
- Brightens Dull Skin: A retinol-based face wash can help exfoliate your skin on a cellular level, leaving you with brighter, soft, smooth, and supple skin textures.
- Helps Fight Acne: Retinol helps to control the oil levels on your skin, so if you have oily skin, it helps regulate the oil balance without lowering the pH balance of your skin. It also helps to draw out impurities from the clogged pores that cause break-outs and acne.
- Fades Dark Spots and Evens Skin Tone: When used for a while, retinol helps even skin tone & fades the dark spots that are caused due to environmental stressors and pollutants. With regular use, you even see the sunspots and acne scars fading away!
Getting the Right Retinol Regimen
Here’s how you can adapt a retinol regime in your AM/PM routine, ensuring your skin derives the maximum benefits! The best time to add retinol to your skincare regime is when you hit your 30s. But with the stress factors hitting in early, women around mid- 20’s have also begun to add retinol to their AM and PM routine. Here are a few products that work best when used with retinol. Together, they’ll help with skin issues like hyperpigmentation, sun spots, acne, and more.
Gentle Cleansing Face Wash
An elixir for your skin! Mamaearth Retinol Face Wash! Formulated with pure and potent retinol, it’s one of the most revered ingredients that helps in:
- Fighting signs of aging
- Reducing signs of fine lines
- Maintains the pH balance of your skin
- Gives your skin a youthful glow and appearance
Retinol teamed with the natural goodness of Bakuchi, helps accelerate skin cell turnover, making way for new skin as it gently exfoliates the impurities and grime caused by environmental stressors and pollutants. This face wash is a classic mix of science and nature for reducing age spots and fading fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a youthful look. Make this a part of your AM and PM routine, and your skin will thank you for it!
A Quick Healing Serum
The Retinol Face Serum restores the skin’s elasticity, smoothens the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone, and fades dark spots to give you skin that looks ageless. Literally!
Retinol, packed with a high concentration of antioxidants, boosts collagen and increases cell turnover, reducing lines and wrinkles. Bakuchi in the serum treats mature skin to make it look more youthful.
Regular use of the face serum renews and revives aging skin to improve skin tone and texture. The serum is perfect for AM and PM use. Do use it after you have cleansed your face thoroughly. If you are using this serum in the morning and have to step out, don’t forget to apply a thin layer of sunscreen to protect your skin.
A Night Cream
Let your skin get an uninterrupted dose of nourishment and hydration while you catch up on your beauty sleep. The Retinol Night Cream is a must-have for your PM routine. The night cream is known for its:
- anti-aging and hyperpigmentation-fighting properties
- fighting fine lines and wrinkles
- nourishment and hydrating properties
Mamaearth’s Retinol Night Cream is your answer to ageless skin as it deeply moisturizes the skin and helps avoid dryness throughout the night.
Retinol Sheet Mask
Running against time and need a quick pep-my-skin look? Opt for the Retinol Face Mask that gives you glowing skin in a matter of 20 minutes. Just place the mask on freshly cleansed skin and relax as the serum extracts soak into your skin, giving it the extra boost of hydration and nourishment. When you take off the mask, massage the excess serum into your skin gently till it is completely absorbed. Massaging will also help in boosting blood circulation, giving your skin a beautiful glowing flush that you’ll love always!
Note: As with all products you will try out, we recommend you do a patch test. Try using the product on the inner side of your elbow to rule out any side effects or allergies. If you do not find any rashes or allergies occurring after 24 hours of carrying out the patch test, you can use the products. For underlying skin conditions that can be very damaging to your skin, do consult a dermatologist for further treatment