Ever stepped out of the house donning makeup only to realize that you used the wrong shade, and now you look like a pale ghost? Or worse, you look like you have mud plastered on your face. It can happen to the best of us. So the first step to getting your makeup right is to prime your skin with a light face oil, serum, or moisturizer.
You then move to apply a foundation, blending it on the skin and moving to a concealer. It is usual for people to think that foundation and concealer can be used interchangeably, but the truth is that they are two different makeup products. So let’s look at how to use a concealer for the best results.
What other makeup products can I use along with concealer?
Let’s prep the skin to get makeup ready. Here is a list of makeup essentials that you need for skin that is glowing and radiant. It will also tell you the best way how you may use concealer in the correct sequence when you use makeup.
The right way to get your skin ready is to cleanse and tone it. Once that is done, you should apply a thin layer of moisturizer to set the base for your skin and prime it for makeup. It would also keep your skin adequately moisturized and free from dryness for a few hours.
1. Foundations | Once you have primed your skin, you should apply a safe and gentle foundation, like the one offered by Mamaearth. Our foundations are available in seven shades that are formulated specifically for Indian skin. These toxin-free skincare products offer 12-hour-long hydration and two times more glow than their regular counterparts.
Dot the foundation once you have applied the moisturizer, and use a brush or a blending sponge till it is completely blended on the skin. It is best to choose a foundation that is closest to your skin shade. (This would not make your skin look white or feel cakey).
Did you know? Mamaearth’s foundations are loaded with the goodness of Vitamin C and Turmeric. These two ingredients provide a natural glow and radiance to the facial skin.
2. Concealers | Mamaearth’s Concealers are your best bet to get better results. Best suited for Indian skin tones, they are available in three shades. Our Glow Hydration Concealers promise 12-hour-long hydration and two times more glow than a regular concealer.
The best part is that they are free from any harsh chemicals that may cause damage to your skin. In addition, they are packed with natural antioxidants and skin-brightening ingredients like Vitamin C and Turmeric that make your skin more radiant and smoother.
You should dab the concealers after blending your foundation to give your skin a flawless look. This would help to hide dark spots, hyperpigmentation, dark circles, and blemishes.
3. Compact | Once you have applied a foundation and a hydrating concealer and blended it on the skin, you can use a powder puff and apply the compact powder to seal the look. The compact powders at Mamaearth are available in four shades that are specially formulated for Indian skin tones.
They soak in the excess oil to give your skin a soft and dewy look for up to 8 hours. Then, packed with the natural skin-caring ingredients of Vitamin C and turmeric, get glowing skin upon application.
Pro tip: Did you know you can use a compact powder without foundation? Running short on time? Prime your face and neck with your favorite moisturizer and dab on the compact powder, and you are ready! Applying a moisturizer will not dry out your skin.
4. Eye Care | Kajals, eyeliners, and mascaras add volume to your eyes and enhance and accentuate the look. Mamaearth’s Long Stay Kajal is available in four vibrant hues that can surely ace the eye look.
You may choose from natural black, forest green, woody brown, and deep ocean to give your eyes a natural look. Packed with Vitamin C and Chamomile, these safe and gentle kajals soothe the eyes on application.
Next is the eyeliner. Wing it or give your eyes a dramatic look. You can do so much with Mamaearth’s Eyeliner because it takes only ten seconds to dry completely.
With an intense black matte finish and a super easy-to-use applicator brush, you can amp up your eye makeup in just one stroke. Define your eyes and keep the fading and smudging woes at bay. A lightweight and waterproof formulation gives your makeup a rich color payoff that lasts up to 10 hours.
Get those lashes curled up with the Lash Care Volumizing Mascara from Mamaearth. Loaded with the goodness of Almond oil and Castor oil, the mascara nourishes & separates your lashes without being clumpy or heavy. And the icing on the cake? It gives your lashes 2X more volume and a 12-hour stay than regular mascara.
5. Lip Balms | A lip balm helps prime your lips for any lipstick you apply. It will hydrate your lips and keep them moisturized for a long time.
If you apply lipstick, you should opt for a neutral lip balm without a fragrance. You can also use the tinted lip balms that give just a teeny hint of gloss to your lips with a dash of color if you want to keep your look soft and simple.
6. Lipsticks | Explore the range of lipsticks from Mamaearth. There is a shade for everyone! From colors that pop your makeup to subtle nudes that help you ace the corporate look. Mamaearth’s Lipsticks are available in liquid, crayon, and bullet styles for easy application.
Mamaearth’s lipsticks are smudge-proof and transfer-proof, and they stay on for about eight to twelve hours. In addition, they have a lightweight matte formulation based on Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Vitamin E.
– Avocado Oil and Sweet Almond Oil moisturize the lips and provide antioxidant benefits that keep them hydrated.
– Vitamin E keeps the lips soft and in their natural color and makes your lips look plump and full.
– Candelilla Wax and Carnauba Wax provide extra moisture and increase the staying power of the lipsticks in hot weather.
Choose from over 25 exciting shades of lipsticks specially formulated for Indian skin tones. You can also choose the hydrating lip serums that give your lips the hydration they need as you glide them on for a look you want to flaunt.
7. Setting powder | Finish your look with a loose mattifying and setting powder. It is your last step to “settling” your makeup. All you need is a swipe of the powder to get glowing and uber-radiant skin.
Our Glow Mattifying Loose Powder with Vitamin C & Aloe Vera absorbs excess oil and shine while blurring the texture and pores, giving you that airbrushed flawless look. With a lightweight and ultra-refined formulation, the loose powder melts into your skin seamlessly, creating a luminous yet oil-free base. Moreover, it comes in a neutral shade that perfectly suits all skin tones.
The presence of Vitamin C in this loose mattifying powder gives your skin a natural radiance, while Aloe Vera helps to soothe the skin. Get set and be ready to glow when you settle your makeup with this.
Don’t forget to wipe out your makeup before going to sleep
Removing makeup before bed is crucial regardless of what your skin type is. Leaving makeup on or not cleaning your skin properly can cause damage to your skin. It also puts the skin at risk for inflammation, particularly if you have conditions like rosacea or eczema.
In addition, you cannot use a regular cleanser or soap to remove makeup traces. Not only are they ineffective, but they can also damage the skin barrier in the long run.
While alcohol is excellent for breaking down tough makeup, it can be too harsh for sensitive skin. So if you have sensitive skin, you should avoid alcohol-based cleansers because they can dry out your skin even faster.
You should thus opt for a gentle and soothing makeup remover that is perfect for all skin types. Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover is packed with the goodness of Pure Rose Water to soothe and calm the skin as it removes the traces of makeup.
This toxin-free, water-based cleanser contains well-known skin-friendly ingredients like rose water, glycerin, and glycolic acid. They double up as the perfect combination for any skin type.
– Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties, which prevent irritation and balance the skin’s pH by removing excess oil.
– Glycolic acid gently exfoliates the skin and tightens pores.
– Glycerin hydrates the skin and keeps the moisture locked in for longer.
You can also use Mamaearth Micellar Water Foaming Makeup Remover to remove eye makeup. This cleanser leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, and moisturized. Moreover, it’s free from harmful chemicals like sulfates, silicones, parabens, and phthalates. It also comes with an inbuilt silicone brush that makes it easy to scrub away makeup traces without harsh scrubbing.
- What is the use of concealer?
A concealer is similar to a foundation. However, it has a thicker consistency in comparison to a foundation. As a result, it hides fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and dark circles.
Makeup experts recommend layering the concealer on top of the foundation for better coverage and a long-lasting effect. This also helps prevent the concealer from getting smudged.
- Why use concealer?
The use of concealer in makeup is an add-on essential to hide skin imperfections. You can smoothen out fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, dark circles, and blemishes to give your skin a flawless appearance with the use of concealer.
- Can I use concealer as a foundation?
A concealer helps hide skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, age spots, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, and more. It should be layered on the foundation. A concealer is applied on specific areas of the skin that you want to conceal. It does not work as a foundation.
- When to use concealer?
A common use of concealer is on the face and neck, and it starts after you have primed your skin. It is used after the foundation has been applied and blended on the skin. You should not use it as a foundation. It has to be applied after the foundation has set in to give your skin a smoother look. Seal it with a compact after it has been blended into the skin.
- What are the specific areas on the skin where you can apply concealer?
The concealer used in makeup gives your skin a flawless and soft look. Here is a list of body parts that makeup experts recommend dabbing the concealer:
– Below and above the brows
– Inner corners around the eye
– Circles under the eyes
– Trace across the bridge of the nose
– Make a line down the center of the nose
– Across the smile lines of the mouth
– Center of the chin
Apart from these listed areas, you can always apply the concealer on any visible dark spots on the skin that need coverage.
- How to use concealer?
The right way to use concealer is by selecting a concealer shade that is closest to your skin tone to avoid it looking patchy or leaving a white patch. Next, with the concealer brush, draw vertical lines down the areas where you want to apply the concealer. Finally, use a blender to smoothen it out.
You can always reapply more concealer on areas for better coverage if needed. In addition, it would help give your skin a natural glow and shine. However, do not use it after applying a compact or settling the makeup with loose powder.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to remove tan, cucumber benefits, pigmentation on face, vitamin e for skin, keratin shampoo benefits, beauty tips, coconut milk benefits, tangled meaning, best hair oil for hair growth, makeup steps, black spots on face, how to grow beard faster, aloe vera for hair, skin complexion meaning, arrowroot powder, how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, honasa, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo, Non Comedogenic face wash, serum for face, skin brighting body wash, how to apply serum on the face, how to get thick hair, how to control hair fall for women, salicylic acid uses for skin, hair breakage, How to remove pimple scars?, chapped lips, cream for face, thick hair, matte lipstick, nude lipstick shades, crayon lipstick, rose pink lipstick, pink lipstick shades, nude lipstick, brown lipstick shades, red lipstick,