The recent trend of using carotenoids for skin care needs no introduction. Enriched with age-defying antioxidants, these nutrients are natural coloring pigments in various fruits and vegetables. One such carotenoid-based is rosehip oil and it offers a wide range of skincare benefits for people of all age groups.
Rosehip Oil has a high concentration of nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids. As a result, it ranks in the same league as argan oil, coconut oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, and lemon oil for its superior line of skincare and hair care benefits.
Several ancient civilizations knew of its stellar line of benefits and thus used rosehip oil to get rid of their facial skincare issues, cleanse the skin pores, and heal inflammation. They also used it in their regular diets or topically on their scalp to nourish their hair and dry cuticles.
While many believe it is an essential oil, it factually isn’t. It is an oil derived from the part of the plant that contains the rose plant seeds and stands below the petals. It does not contain the ‘essence’ of the fragrant plant and thus is not categorized as an essential oil. Rosehip oil uses are too many to list, primarily because of its cold-pressed variant that offers the most benefits. So let’s start with this herb’s origin and explore what this beauty essential holds in store for us!
Are fine lines and open pores making you less photogenic? Try our Skin Plump Serum that hydrate skin and drive out blemishes for an ageless you!
What is Rosehip Oil?
Found in Chile, rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of the wild rose bush, known as the Rosa canina rose bush. The plant can be found in various parts of Europe, Northwest Africa, and Western Asia.
Made from the fruits and seeds of the rose plant, rosehip oil for skin is a natural carrier oil. It helps calm and soothe inflammation, treats blemishes, heals scars, and makes the cells immune to seasonal changes.
It is thus a lightweight oil that’s extracted by cold-pressing the seeds and fruits of the rose plant. It features many antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins A and E. These nutrients help improve skin tone and slow down multiple signs of aging.
Did you know?
- Rosehips are tiny, reddish-orange, spherical fruits that remain on a rose bush even after the flowers have withered. Also known as the ‘Oil of Youth,’ the rosehip oil for acne offers multiple benefits and is thus used in the medicinal and cosmetic industry.
- It is best for people with oily or sensitive skin because it is a ‘dry oil.’ It has a thin consistency and thus gets easily absorbed into the skin cells without being greasy.
What nutrients should you find in a good-quality rosehip oil?
Hidden in plain sight, rosehip oil is one of the best gifts of Mother Nature. Countless people spanning many centuries have availed their benefits for superior skincare and hair care regimens. But before we move on to its benefits, let’s take you through some of the major factors that make this oil a must-have for everyone.
Here’s what makes this oil so special:
- Vitamin A: Retinoids are compounds of Vitamin A effective in evening out skin tone by treating various skin concerns.
- Antioxidants: Backed by abundant essential acids, Vitamin C & E, Rosehip oil effectively boosts skin health and fights off skin-damaging elements.
- Fatty Acids: Some of the fatty acids such as Linoleic Acid, ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid), GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid), and Omega 3-s & 6s in the oil keep the cellular membranes of the skin strong, promote regeneration of new cells, and protect our skin from harmful elements.
How to Use Rosehip Oil for Home-Based Skin Care Regimens?
Rosehip oil’s benefits for the face are quite visible once you start using it regularly. It gets quickly absorbed in your facial pores and gives your face the desired rosy glow. Also, it enriches your skin with several health perks that we will discuss in detail further in this blog.
When applied topically to the skin, rosehip oil for the face benefits in several ways. Also, it can be mixed with several other ingredients. Our Mamaearth skincare range includes this exceptionally great natural ingredient in products such as Face Mask and Face Serum.
1. Acts as a perfect moisturizer: Enriched with fatty acids like Linoleic acid, rosehip oil for dry skin penetrates deep into the skin and forms a water-resistant barrier that locks in the moisture. This relieves various skin conditions such as dry skin or eczema where the skin barrier is disrupted.
Some common skin troubles like dryness and dullness can show up uninvited. This is where using Rosehip oil as a face moisturizer can help a great deal. It would help enrich the skin cells with adequate hydration, nourishment, and gentle care in just a few drops.
2. Combats acne and wrinkles: Using a rosehip oil-based skin care product helps you get closer to a blemish-free appearance. This non-greasy oil has a high concentration of antioxidants and fatty acids, so skin care experts advise using rosehip oil for acne reduction. In addition, it fights off the damage caused by free radicals and thus controls acne by keeping sebum production in check.
We know how challenging oily skin troubles can be. So from using a face wash that combats acne to a face gel that keeps excessive oil at bay, we offer a wide range of toxin-free skincare products.
3. Enhances skin health: Collagen is a protein that gives skin firmness and resilience. However, as the skin ages, the collagen production rate decreases, and the skin loses its elasticity. Loaded with vitamins A and C, Rosehip oil benefits the skin by stimulating collagen production. It also inhibits MMP-1 Synthesis, which is responsible for breaking down collagen.
We know the impact premature aging has on our bodies, but moreover, it impacts our mental health. If you are already witnessing some of its early signs, it is time to start thinking and acting fast. Using Rosehip oil for routine face care can come as a natural alternative. It will help make your skin softer, well-moisturized, and shinier.
4. Clears and brightens the skin tone: Rosehip Oil can exfoliate the skin cells of dead skin cells to reveal younger and brighter skin. Several fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants in rosehip oil benefits for scars and make it a plant-based brightener. Vitamin C helps inhibit melanin production, creating dark marks and stopping their formation. Also, it helps combat acne-causing bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties.
Clear and radiant skin is one of the best benefits that this oil has to offer. You may not want to try it out because it differs from essential oil, but it still works for all skin types. Are you already looking for the best rosehip oil for the face? We knew!
5. As an anti-aging agent: Rosehip oil contains high amounts of antioxidants and fatty acids that help wounds heal faster. So if you want to avoid those chemically-enriched creams and treat your skin naturally, selecting the best rosehip oil for facial application is a good option.
6. Protects better skincare experience: Constant exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays can severely damage the skin cells, develop spots, and even cause premature aging. Rosehip oil effectively reverses the photodamage caused by increased melanin production.
6. Enhances eyelashes: Applying rosehip oil gently to your eyelashes leads to thicker and stronger eyelashes that add to your looks. Like you want healthy skin and hair, voluminous eyelashes are never out of style. So give your eyes a new look and feel with gorgeous lashes naturally!
How to use rosehip oil in skincare?
There are plenty of benefits that Rosehip Oil provides for the skin. Backed with many essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, the rosehip oil for the face benefits your nails and protects them from breakage. Now, let us look at some of the uses of rosehip oil in daily life.
- Rosehip Oil can be directly applied to the skin or mixed with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or argan oil.
- Rosehip oil for dry skin can be used as an effective moisturizer. Also, it can be diluted in your moisturizer for the best effects.
- Rosehip Oil is an effective makeup remover because it wipes off dust, grime, excess oil, and makeup without irritating your eyes or skin.
- Apart from illuminating skin benefits, massaging your neck and shoulder with the best rosehip oil in India helps reduce discoloration and relax stressed muscles.
How does Rosehip oil complement different skin types?
- Dry Skin: Backed by essential fatty acids, it helps add moisture to the skin, keeping it hydrated and soft for a longer time.
- Oily Skin: Using rosehip oil for oily skin is quite straightforward. It gets absorbed into the skin and nourishes its cells without being greasy.
- Combination Skin: Rosehip oil is lightweight and adjusts perfectly to every skin type.
- Acne–Prone Skin: It is a non-comedogenic oil that wouldn’t cause harm to the skin or clog skin pores, which are the main reason for acne.
Try Our Safe, Gentle, and Toxin-free Rosehip Oil-based Skincare Products
Rosehip oil for the face has been a part of the skincare routine since ancient times. Loaded with numerous benefits, it complements the 21st skincare industry. It gets quickly absorbed into the skin without making it greasy. If you are searching for a proven remedy for your skin, we recommend opting for safe and toxin-free oils that do not cause any side effects.
- For example, you can try our Hyaluronic Bamboo Sheet Mask, which also features Rosehip Oil. It is a safe, gentle, and toxin-free hair mask that alleviates skin concerns such as dullness, dark spots, greasiness, acne, and blackheads. What makes it a winner is that it is equally effective for all skin types.
- The next acing product that is loved by all is our Skin Plump Face Serum. It comes with the nutritional benefits of Rosehip oil, Hyaluronic acid, Olive, and Coconut extracts. This anti-aging boon has several skin-detoxifying properties that effortlessly reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It also refines pores and offers hydration with care. This skincare essential brings you home to healthy skin with every application!
- Mamaearth Rosehip Face Serum is one of the best skincare essentials for glowing skin in no time! It is power-packed with vitamins like A & C to keep your skin soft and naturally healthy. In addition, it stimulates collagen production and restores skin elasticity in just a few drops!
- Lastly, one of our final bestsellers is Bye Bye Open Pores Face Cream. It is formulated with care and is lightweight and non-greasy in texture. It gets easily absorbed in the skin pores to double up as a non-greasy face cream. It helps unclog skin pores to give your skin a radiant glow naturally. It has Blue Lotus Extracts, Lentil, and Niacinamide to combat all anti-aging woes effortlessly.
What makes them all worthy of trying? These skincare products are free from harmful chemicals and toxins like Parabens, SLS, SLES, Silicones, and artificial fragrances. They are also not tested on animals and are suited best for all skin types.
- How to use Rosehip Oil on Face?
Take a few drops of Rosehip Oil on your palm. Now rub your palms and massage it gently onto your face and neck in upward and circular motions.
- Is Rosehip oil good for oily skin?
Yes. Rosehip Oil is known to reduce the excess oil production in oily skin types which can help prevent further acne.
- When to use Rosehip Oil?
One may use Rosehip Oil in the morning and at the night. It is advisable to let it sit on the skin for a few minutes before applying a moisturizer or sunscreen over it.
Popular Search Terms- hyaluronic acid skin benefits, niacinamide serum benefits, What is Witch Hazel?, Lavender Oil Benefits, Face Scrub Uses, Bhringraj Oil Benefits, Benefits of Rose water, Avocado Oil for hair, Vitamin e benefits for skin, Shea Butter Benefits, Vitamin C Serum Benefits, Turmeric benefits for skin, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair