Cleopatra used to bathe in milk and rose petals, so it’s no wonder that people have claimed that she had skin resembling the beauty of porcelain. Oh well, that is a historical fact and a bath that most of us would have loved to indulge in. However, the closest we can settle for today is choosing the best rose water for our face, for it offers multiple benefits for routine skin care.
Who wouldn’t love skin like Cleopatra’s? But with a few skincare tweaks, we promise you can have skin as radiant and glowing as hers. The downside is that you will not rake a mention in the history books for your glowing skin. But it’s a win-win situation for you when you finally decode rose water uses for all face care regimens.
Tracing the Roots of Rose Water
Did you know that rose water has been used for thousands of years? It finds mention even in the Middle Ages. Historians say that the rose water originated in what is now known as Iran.
With multiple uses in skincare and wellness, it is no doubt that rose water has many benefits. We are listing these benefits in this article and will top the discussion with some best selling products.
Rose water benefits for the face
Pure rose water has many benefits for the face. It is made by distilling the rose petals with steam. And when used in its purest form, this perfumed water can work wonders for your skin. Let’s consider some benefits of incorporating it into your skincare regime.
Some benefits of using a rose water toner for the face include:
– Reduces rashes, redness, and inflammation– Rose water is a soothing ingredient that helps reduce inflammation or redness on the facial skin, even if it is caused due to allergies. It is so because this fragrant water is packed with antibacterial properties that help reduce breakouts and acne.
– Contains antioxidants – Rose petals and rose water have potent antioxidants that can prevent cell damage. It is often the cause of skin that lacks radiance. Reverse it with regular use of rose toner to soothe your skin.
– Soothes skin irritation – Say goodbye to troubled skin when you use rose water. Rose water is packed with calming properties that can help reduce skin irritation.
– Has anti-aging properties – Are wrinkles and fine lines bothering you? Rose water has anti-aging properties that can reduce visible signs of aging. Mix rose water with your favorite face mask or directly spritz it on the face and neck.
– Prevents skin inflammation – Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that regularly calm the skin. So it’s no wonder people with sensitive skin love to spritz rose water on their faces to reduce breakouts and acne.
– Heals cuts, scars, and burns – When applied topically on wounds, you can heal scars, scratches, and burns with soothing rose water. If your injuries are severe, it is better to consult a professional doctor or skincare expert for appropriate medication.
– Helps prevent and treat infections – Because of its antibacterial properties, rose water helps keep skin infections at bay. Spritz some rose water directly and let it dry naturally for the best results.
These are some benefits of using rose water for the face regularly. While you can use rose water directly on your skin, mix it with a face mask for better results.
Another good way to use rose water for the face is when the face mask is almost dry. To do so, spritz some rose water on the face and massage the face mask gently to boost blood circulation and give your skin a natural glow. Now that we know the many benefits of using rose water for the face, let’s understand what goes into a good skincare routine so you can have radiant and glowing skin forever.
Fun fact: Rose water was considered a sign of wealth, luxury, and prestige in Ancient Egypt.
Which is the Best Rose water for the face in India?
You can try including Mamaearth Rose Water Toner in your daily skincare routine to detox your skin and gently remove all impurities while maintaining the skin’s pH balance. It also helps to tighten the pores to give you firmer skin.
If you use makeup, you should add our Micellar Foaming Rose Water Cleanser which comes with an in-built silicone brush. It helps cleanse your skin of makeup residue and dislodges any impurities that may have accumulated through the day due to prolonged exposure to environmental stressors.
What skin care products can I use for good skin?
To get glowing and radiant skin, it goes unsaid that you should follow a good skincare regime. Your skincare regime can be divided as:
– A daily regime – Also known as the AM and PM regime, which you use during the day and at night.
– A bi-weekly regime – The products can be used up to twice or thrice a week, depending on your skin type.
– A weekly regime – The products in this regime are advised to be used weekly to give your skin the additional benefits of hydration and nourishment.
Start your day with a CTM (Cleansing – Toning – Moisturizing) regime. It sets your skin for the day and any other products that you choose to layer on the skin.
1. Face wash – Use a gentle cleansing face wash according to your skin type. Many face washes are available in the market- from gel-based to foaming face washes and even exfoliating face washes. Choose one that matches your skin type and helps address your skin concerns.
If you face acne and breakouts, use a safe and gentle face wash with ingredients like tea tree, neem, and Tulsi. These antibacterial ingredients help reduce the bacteria that cause such skin concerns.
For oily skin, you can use gel-based face washes that help reduce the excess oil secretion while maintaining the skin’s pH balance. Opt for ingredients like Activated Charcoal that helps to detox the skin or Apple Cider Vinegar.
You should use a face wash that contains saffron, turmeric, and Vitamin C for tanned or uneven skin tone. These ingredients can impart a natural glow to your skin.
Skincare experts recommend switching to a heavy cream-based face wash during the winter if you have normal skin, as it can moisturize your skin in the cold season. However, stick to gel-based face wash if you have oily skin throughout the year.
2. Face toner – A face toner locks in moisture and helps to tighten open pores. Additionally, it helps detox the skin and preps it for any other products you choose to apply.
3. Face gel – A face gel is the perfect skincare product to use if you have oily skin. Face gels are fast absorbing and as hydrating as a moisturizer.
In addition, face gels are incredibly lightweight, giving oily skin the right balance of nourishment and hydration while controlling excess oil production and maintaining the skin’s pH balance.
4. Face cream – A face cream is best suited for all skin types except oily skin as it is extremely hydrating. Most skincare experts recommend switching to a face cream in the winter as the air is very dry, and your skin needs extra hydration to keep it soft and supple.
Choose a face cream that is fast absorbing and does not keep your skin looking greasy or oily. It is packed with ingredients like Green Tea, Vitamin C are natural skin-enhancing ingredients. Choose a day cream and a night cream to improve your skincare routine.
5. Face moisturizer – A face moisturizer is lighter than face cream and will keep your skin nourished and hydrated for hours together. While you can use a face moisturizer during the day, ensure you use a heavier cream at night.
It would ensure that your skin gets the much-needed hydration. It also provides ample nourishment as you catch up on your beauty sleep.
1. Face scrub – A face scrub helps slough the dead skin to reveal new skin. It should be used not more than twice to thrice a week. Its overuse can damage your skin’s delicate texture, disrupt the pH balance, and cause rashes.
You should opt for a face scrub with tiny granules that can help to remove the dead skin gently. Always use it on damp skin and massage for a minute to boost blood circulation and give your skin a radiant glow. Use a face moisturizer after you have scrubbed your skin, as it needs hydration.
1. Face mask – A face mask gives your skin instant hydration and nourishment without leaving your home. The clays in the face mask helps gently pull out the impurities and toxins from your skin while giving your skin a firmer and more radiant look.
A face mask should not be used more than once a week, regardless of skin type. Its excessive use can cause your skin to dry out, so use it only once per week.
You should opt for a face mask packed with retinol for mature skin. In addition, you can use a face mask with a base of tea tree, neem, and activated charcoal for oily skin. These antibacterial ingredients help reduce the intensity of breakouts and acne.
Use a face mask formulated with naturally skin-enhancing ingredients like turmeric, saffron, or Vitamin C for an uneven skin tone. Now that you know of a good skincare routine, let’s move on to frequently asked questions about rose water for the face. But before that, let’s quickly summarize the takeaway.
Following a skincare regime requires a lot of patience, especially if you tackle any underlying skin issues you may face. Some things that you may want to keep in mind when zeroing in on a skincare regime are as follows:
– Opt for safe, gentle, and toxin-free skincare products.
– Choose a skincare regime as per your skin type.
– Follow a routine regularly for skin that is naturally radiant and glowing.
– Read the label to ensure the product’s ingredients do not contain sulfates, parabens, or mineral oils.
– Carrying out a patch test to ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in the product(s) you are about to use.
With these simple steps that one can follow, you can also ensure that you have skin that is healthy, hydrated, supple, and nourished when you follow a regular skincare routine.
- Is rose water good for the face?
Yes, rose water is one of the most soothing products you can use for your face. It is a versatile product used as water in face masks, spritz, or just dabbed on the skin as a toner. Rose water is suited for all skin types. However, you should conduct a patch test to ensure the product suits your skin type.
- What is the use of rose water for the face?
There are many ways to use rose water for your face. For example, you can mix rose water with a face mask and apply it on your skin and neck to soothe any signs of irritation or inflammation. Because of its soothing properties, this fragrant aqueous solution can calm your skin. You can also spritz pure rose water to instantly hydrate your skin, especially in summer.
- How to get rose water for the face?
Mix it with a mask or spritz it directly on your face. Using rose water has a soothing effect on your skin. Using a rose water toner can help to give firmer-looking skin too.
- What are the benefits of rose water for the face?
Some of the many benefits of using rose water on the skin include the following:
– Healing cuts, scars, and burns
– Reducing the redness of the skin
– Preventing any skin inflammation
– Soothing the skin of any irritation
– Helping to prevent and treat infections
- How to apply rose water to the face?
You can spritz rose water directly onto your face and wait for it to dry naturally. Doing this helps to soothe the skin and reduce any irritation. Another way of using rose water on the face is by mixing it with a face mask.
|Popular Search Terms|
niacinamide, how to remove pimples, rose water, how to remove tan from face, how to remove tan, cucumber benefits, pigmentation on face, vitamin e for skin, keratin shampoo benefits, beauty tips, coconut milk benefits, tangled meaning, best hair oil for hair growth, makeup steps, black spots on face, how to grow beard faster, aloe vera for hair, skin complexion meaning, arrowroot powder, how to remove whiteheads, how to stop hair fall immediately, hair care tips, biotin for hair, best facial kit, how to reduce dark circles, how to increase hair growth, what is glycerin, what are blackheads, bath soap, how to take care of skin, How to moisturize skin , hair cuticle, best soap for skin brightening, what is mild shampoo