One of the most common questions that hair care experts often get asked is, “how to grow thick hair.” It’s the dream of every girl and woman – long, beautiful tresses that she will want to run her fingers through. The good thing is that growing thick hair is very much doable and in your hands. However, it is a time-taking process and you should stay patient while also following a good hair care regime.
Pro Tip: Try Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Oil. It helps boost hair growth, and adds shine and strength.
How to Grow Thick Hair?
Let’s understand some thick hair growth tips for good hair. We may note that many factors contribute even before we start answering the ubiquitous question of how to grow thick hair. These include genetics, healthy food, lifestyle, and sleep cycles. A similar set of factors relate to one’s immunity, choice of hair care products, and flexibility to use some result-oriented hair care products like hair growth oil and serums.
Here’s how you may get started on a positive note:
- Eat a balanced diet: Ditch the junk food and oily food from your diet. Instead, choose food rich in vitamins, proteins, and minerals to promote healthy hair growth. Leafy green veggies, eggs, and nuts are good sources for healthy hair.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Drink at least three to four liters of water every day. Add fresh fruit and veggies, or drink a smoothie. Make infused water with fruits to make water consumption enjoyable. Drinking plenty of water helps keep hair hydrated and healthy.
- Say goodbye to stress: Stress can be a major disruptor of the hair growth cycle. It can lead to hair fall, hair thinning, and other issues. Slow down and practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation to reduce stress.
- Avoid heat styling: Overusing heat styling tools like blow dryers and curling irons can damage hair and lead to breakage. Try to limit heat styling and use heat-protectant products when necessary.
- Opt for gentle hair care products: Say goodbye to toxic products. Such poor-quality alternatives can strip hair of natural oils, leading to dryness and excessive breakage. It is always best to opt for clean and green hair care products as per your hair type, texture, and any hair care issues you might be experiencing.
- Trim your hair regularly: Trimming your hair can reduce the intensity of split ends and promote better hair growth. Get a trim at least once in two months for better results.
- Consider taking supplements: You can incorporate supplements like collagen, biotin, and vitamins like B12, D, and E that can aid in better hair growth. However, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting the supplements.
What hair oils can I add to my hair care regime to grow thick hair?
There are many hair oils to choose from when you want to oil your hair. Each hair oil will have different benefits for different hair types. For example, if you have a dry scalp and dry hair, opt for a heavy oil that can nourish your hair and keep it moisturized.
Similarly, you may need a lightweight oil for oily hair and scalp. No matter what your requirements are, there will be a hair oil that can help you have better results. Some of the most often-used hair oils are:
Castor Oil contains proteins, minerals, and Vitamin E that nourish the hair. In addition, castor oil helps soften your hair and locks in moisture. You may add Mamaearth’s Castor Oil to your hair oiling regime, and you can say bye to a flaky and itchy scalp.
Coconut Oil is rich in carbohydrates, fatty acids, minerals, and essential vitamins that penetrate deep into the hair follicles and nourish the roots. Perfect for those with a dry scalp, Mamaearth’s Coconut Hair Oil promotes healthier and stronger hair growth. It also helps to reduce frizz and prevents excessive hair breakage.
Argan Oil is one of the best for fast hair growth and thickness. Mamaearth’s Argan Oil helps protect your hair against damage and reduces split ends. Packed with the goodness of Vitamin E and antioxidants, argan hair oil can improve scalp health and prevent breakage.
Olive oil contains Oleic Acid, Vitamin E, and antioxidants. It promotes hair growth while revitalizing the scalp and nourishing the hair follicles.
Tea Tree Oil is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties that can reduce scalp infections. In addition, Mamaearth Tea Tree Hair Oil helps to stimulate hair follicles and promotes faster and thicker hair growth. It also helps to alleviate symptoms of a dry and itchy scalp and reduces dandruff.
Did you know? Rosemary Oil helps to stimulate hair growth. It is recommended as one of the best hair oils for hair growth and thickness by hair care experts. In addition, its antibacterial and antifungal properties help reduce scalp infections and soothe the scalp.
Almond Oil is the go-to hair oil for many hair-related issues. From strengthening the hair to reducing breakage to promoting faster hair growth, there is a lot that Almond Oil can do when used regularly. This potent hair oil for thick hair growth is perfect for all hair types.
Onion Oil contains Vitamins C, B9, B6, Potassium, Sulfur, and several other nutrients. Mamaearth Onion Oil can help reduce hair fall and promote growth when used in a hair oil. Its regular and sane usage prevents split ends and reduces hair breakage. In addition, onion oil can also help maintain the scalp’s pH balance.
Peppermint Oil is a boon to the scalp prone to dandruff and itching. It isn’t just another ingredient that accelerates hair growth and helps soothe inflammation and rashes at bay. With regular use, it can reduce the intensity of dandruff and other scalp conditions.
What Hair Care Products can I Use to Grow Thick Hair?
You should follow a good hair care regime to grow long and thick hair. It is advisable to oil your hair regularly and choose fresh foods and a chemical-free regime. Let’s look at what products you can use to grow thick hair.
Hair booster oils: As the name suggests, hair booster oils can boost hair growth, especially the Almond Booster Hair Oil. Mix a booster hair oil with your regular hair oil, apply it to the scalp, and move it to the ends of the hair. You can leave it overnight or at least thirty minutes before washing it. Hair growth oils are a great way to promote thickness and speed hair growth.
Pro Tip: Warm the oils before use, following a double burner method or in a copper vessel on a gas flame. You should not warm the oil in a microwave, as it can reduce the effectiveness of the oil.
Hair Shampoo and Conditioner: You use safe and gentle hair shampoo to cleanse your hair from the oil you have applied. It would also help cleanse the build-up of grime and dirt that may have accumulated on the scalp.
We advise using only tap water or lukewarm water to wash your hair, and that you should let the shampoo stay in for at least a minute on your scalp. Once you have washed your hair, follow up with a hair conditioner to lock in the moisture and keep your hair soft and strong. Check out the whole best hair shampoo for hair growth range for your hair care and include the suitable one in your hair care routine for best results.
Hair Serum – Hair serums should be applied on slightly damp hair to protect the hair from any exposure to environmental pollutants. In addition, hair serums build a protective layer and deflect the sun’s rays to keep your hair healthy and strong.
Hair Mask – Exposure to dirt and pollution can make your hair look dull, limp, and lifeless. Sometimes, you need that extra pampering for your hair to look strong and healthy again. Hair masks pamper your hair to give it a salon look right from the comfort of your home. Hair masks are formulated to help nourish and revitalize the scalp and hair shafts so that hair can stay healthy and retain its natural shine.
Pro Tip: We recommend using a hair mask once a week for the best results. Overusing a hair mask can dry out the hair faster.
Wrapping it up
Good hair comes from a healthy lifestyle. When you are looking at options on how to grow thick hair, remember that other options that you may want to consider are changing lifestyle factors like:
- Reducing stress,
- Choosing to eat healthily,
- Keeping yourself hydrated,
- Trimming your hair regularly,
- Opting for clean and gentle hair care products,
- Cutting back on styling treatments that damage hair.
It is also important to choose a hair care regime that best suits your hair type for results to be effective. When you opt for a hair care regime, follow it for at least three to six months for the results to show. Don’t get swayed by products that promise instant results because they will likely cause more damage to your hair than repair it.
Usually summarized as the basic ways to grow thick hair, these activities promote healthy hair growth. It’s important to remember that hair growth is a slow process, and it may take time to see results. However, you can promote thicker, healthier hair over time by adopting healthy habits and caring for your hair.
If any underlying health conditions are causing hair loss or thinning, you should consult your doctor for any treatment you may need.
- How to avoid hair loss?
Hair loss is often a sum of one or more interrelated factors like stress, improper nutrition, medications, excessive use of styling and heat treatments, not using toxin-free hair care products, or not following a proper hair care regimen. It may be hereditary too. The best way is to understand the factors affecting your hair growth cycle and stay away from them. Using safe and gentle hair care products that are made of toxin-free ingredients will also help.
- Can thin hair become thick again?
Yes, with a regular hair care routine, hair can grow thick again. However, you should stay consistent with your hair care routine and be patient with the results. You cannot undo the damage done to the hair overnight if you face this issue.
- How to grow thick hair naturally?
A regular hair care routine is your best option to grow thick hair naturally. You will need to follow a regular regime like:
1. Oiling your hair to keep your scalp nourished and hydrated.
2. Cleansing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and following up with a conditioner to lock in the moisture.
3. Using a hair serum protects your hair against any environmental stressors and UV rays that can damage the hair.
4. Minimizing the use of styling tools like a hair dryer, curling brushes, or hair straightening tools that cause more damage to hair and make them brittle.
5. Opting to trim your hair at least once in two months to keep split ends at bay.
- Is having thick hair a good thing?
Yes, not only is it a good thing, but thick hair is also a sign of a healthy lifestyle. When you eat well and choose a healthy lifestyle, it shows on your skin and hair. So choose to stay fit and look healthy!
- Which is the best oil for thick hair growth?
The best hair oil for hair growth and thickness depends on your scalp and hair type. First, you must choose a hair oil to nourish your hair and keep it tangle-free. Each hair oil will have different benefits for different hair types. For example, if you have a dry scalp and dry hair, opt for an oil that can nourish your hair and keep it moisturized. Similarly, you may need a lightweight oil for oily hair and scalp. Whichever hair oil you choose, be sure it is made of safe, gentle, and toxin-free ingredients.
|Popular Search Terms|
clean teeth, how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes,neem oil benefits, waterproof makeup, is glycerin good for your skin, dark patches on skin,which face wash is best for oily skin, how to use concealer, rosemary oil for hair, best scrub for glowing skin, how to get glowing skin naturally, how to remove sun tan from hands, how to use shower gel, best compact powder, what causes dark circles, how to reverse gray hair naturally, what is salicylic acid, Why pimples occur on face, What is Keratin & Why is it Essential for Hair, which perfume is best for men, is coconut oil good for hair, makeup tips for beginners, eyeliner styles you must try, best baby shampoo in india, mild shampoo for daily use, shampoo without sulphate, egg shampoo for hair growth, shampoo and conditioner