Our face speaks for our confidence, personality, and the vibe we carry with us. While our expressions speak for how we feel within, our skin’s health shows how diligent we are towards self-care. Dry skin on the face doesn’t mean well, does it? But why is taking care of our skin’s health so important?
Today, we are exposed to the external environment in a harsher way than before. Besides dirt, dust, and UV Rays, viruses and harmful antibodies affect your skin’s health adversely without you knowing them. This article discusses dry facial skin, its underlying causes, and possible treatments. Read along!
Dry Skin- A Common Problem
There are five skin types: normal, oily, combination, sensitive, and dry. Among these, one of the toughest skin types is dry skin. It is evident with white flakes, itchiness, and irritation on the skin that makes it appear excessively dry.
Sometimes these problems appear trivial and too easy to deal with. But their natural recurrence makes it harder to treat them. It is where knowing the right causes and skincare products to use comes to your rescue. Once you know them, treating dry skin on the face will become a cakewalk.
Causes of Dry Skin on Face
Dry skin on the face, be it summer or winter, gets tough to deal with. Knowing its different reasons can help you understand your skin better and in detail:
- Climate: You may feel the dryness of your skin has nothing to do with the environment, but it does. You might likely have dry skin if you live in a hot, humid climate with extreme tropical temperatures. However, the climate itself may not be a governing factor for everyone.
- Excessive washing: Do you scrub or wash your skin way too often? Do you make it a point to bathe 3-4 times a day? If your answer is yes to both these questions, there is a high possibility that you may have dry skin. Washing your skin too often strips off the natural oils that help retain moisture within. It causes dryness in your skin.
- Harmful ingredients: Using skin care products with harmful or artificial ingredients and fragrances can cause your skin to be dry and flaky. Excessive use may also result in sensitivity and severe irritation in your skin.
- Aging: With age, our skin’s health takes a downhill journey too. Its elasticity slows down, the cell regenerative process happens for a longer time, and your skin begins to retain less moisture than it used to. It causes your skin to become wrinkled and dry.
- Medical conditions: If you have recently fought cancer or any big disease, chances are your skin is still healing. It would become dry and retain less moisture than usual.
- Genetics: Your genetics play an important role in determining your skin’s natural health. If your maternal or paternal family has had a history of dry skin, there are strong chances that you may have inherited the same.
- Smoking: Smoking is a bad habit, we all know. It affects our lungs and deteriorates us internally. But it also severely affects your skin and makes it look dull, dark, and dry.
Skincare Routine for Beating Dry Skin on Face
While there are several things you can try to heal dry skin on the face, it doesn’t happen overnight. We suggest you follow a consistent skincare routine with natural essentials that help in giving you the desired results:
- Step 1: Wash your face: Give your face a boost of immense hydration and freshness with a natural face wash. It helps remove dust, dirt, and other impurities while making your skin look refreshed and happy.
We suggest you use Mamaearth Aloe Vera Oil-Free Face Wash. It comes with the natural goodness of Aloe Vera and Ashwagandha that provide 24-hour hydration and soothe the skin. Being oil-free helps it offer a non-greasy experience and get absorbed easily.
- Step 2: Exfoliate your skin: Sometimes, washing your face isn’t enough. Removing dead skin cells, grime, and stubborn dirt that clogs pores needs you to rinse your face with a good face scrub.
Mamaearth Honey Malai Face Scrub works wonders to give you rejuvenated and revived skin in no time. It has the natural goodness of Honey and Malai that provide a nourishing glow and help smoothen the skin.
- Step 3: Tone your skin: Uplift your skin pores using a natural face toner. It should nourish your skin and help give your skin a healthy look. It uplifts your skin with antioxidants, nutrients, and other essential vitamins to give you a youthful glow.
- Step 4: Moisturize your face: After cleansing your skin with facial cleansers, your skin loses its natural oils. Here, you should use a natural face moisturizer. Dry face skin comes with medical and natural treatments, and natural face creams do the latter.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Daily Glow Face Cream brings you home to naturally youthful and radiant skin. It has the goodness of Vitamin C & Turmeric that help in giving you brighter skin with replenished nutrients and promotes a smoother complexion.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Daily Glow Face Cream
- Step 5: Provide seamless protection: Give your skin natural protection from harmful UV rays using a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Mamaearth Vitamin C Daily Glow Sunscreen has the goodness of Vitamin C & Turmeric that help brighten skin and unlock a healthy glow. As the ultimate step towards a complete skincare ritual, it provides all-around protection and long-lasting radiance.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Daily Glow Sunscreen
Skincare comes with different incentives for all, but the most common one is healthy skin. While dry skin on the face may be a common phenomenon, treating it properly is crucial. With natural skincare products, you can escape dry skin on the face easily. Mamaearth’s Vitamin C Range can be your call to brighter, softer, and healthier skin. Self-care and skincare go hand-in-hand. You make time for one, and the other follows. Happy skincare!
- How to cure dry skin on the face overnight?
Dry skin is usually a sign of a lack of moisture and proper care of your skin. We suggest you use a good natural moisturizer that helps keep your skin sufficiently hydrated. It is best to use safe and gentle skincare products that are devoid of toxins and offer nourishment and care to your skin. In this light, we suggest you use Mamaearth’s Vitamin C Skincare Range, which comes with the innate goodness of Vitamin C and Turmeric to offer your skin essential vitamins and minerals. They are natural, cruelty-free, toxin-free, and suitable for all skin types.
- What helps dry skin on the face overnight?
Dry skin lacks sufficient hydration, nourishment, and care. If you wish to do some damage repair to your skin that feels dry and dehydrated, we suggest you use a safe, gentle, and toxin-free face moisturizer. It would help nourish your skin with essential nutrients that give it a healthy and nourished glow. In this light, we recommend you use Mamaearth Vitamin C Daily Glow Face Cream twice daily for the best results.
- Why is my facial skin so dry?
Facial dry skin can have various underlying causes that you may not know of. It can be your genetics, poor diet, or skin condition. It may also result from your synthetic bath products or the tropical and humid climate surrounding you. Apart from these, some major causes can be premature aging, any underlying medical condition, or improper skincare regimen.
- Does coconut oil help dry skin?
Yes. Coconut Oil contains various nourishing antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help hydrate your skin with care. It also has several fatty acids that keep skin dryness at bay and give your skin a healthy glow.
|Popular Search Terms|
grapeseed oil, eucalyptus oil benefits, virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, cetyl alcohol, wheat germ oil, glycolic acid, uses of citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, rosehip extract, carrot seed oil, green tea extracts, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, bentonite clay, nymphaea alba, squalane, emollients, emulsifiers, humectants, sebum, calendula flower, chamomile, l-ascorbic acid , how to face skin tight , layers of skin , how to make your skin glow naturally at home , how to treat skin at home , sodium lauroyl sarcosinate for hair, What is tan on skin