Coconut is considered the perfect fruit in ancient Indian medical science called Ayurveda. This hair oil contains saturated fats, potassium, vitamins, and dietary fiber. It is thus used as premier hair oil in Indian households for dietary and skin care purposes. Using coconut oil for hair and scalp also offers similar benefits.
Our hair is our crowning glory. It’s a natural way to express ourselves, and its flow gives us a confidence boost. However, our hair’s texture is sensitive and may get negatively affected by daily grooming, stress, and harsh environments and can become dull, dry, and damaged. That’s when we need to go back to the basics, and it doesn’t get much better than coconut oil for hair fall.
Pro Tip: Try our Rice+Coconut Hair Oil. It reduces split ends and prevents frequent hair breakage. It also protect it from UV damage.
A Nutty Remedy of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil benefits are an age-old secret for good health and beauty, so if you’ve ever wondered why your grandmother was after you to oil your hair regularly, she had good reason. This naturally-derived hair oil is rich in many nutrients that contribute to better health.
It also helps reduce the loss of proteins from the hair cells. This oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids – specifically lauric acid- easily absorbed into the hair shaft. This means it nourishes hair and repairs damage caused by excess heat exposure, aggressive pulling, and malnutrition. It is good to use coconut oil as a conditioner or an overnight treatment, or one may also use it to protect the hair during swimming.
Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair
- Moisturizes hair shaft- Since it gets easily absorbed, coconut oil benefits penetrates deep into the scalp and binds proteins. This oil helps lock in moisture and prevents hair from drying out.
- Repairs and prevents split ends/breakage- Coconut oil benefits the hair roots, undoing split ends and preventing them from occurring. It also provides essential nutrients that help keep hair healthy and strong, thus preventing breakage.
- Fights dandruff- The antibacterial properties help keep the fungi responsible for dandruff at bay. This oil contains lauric acid that controls sebum production and reduces the chances of itching or flaking.
- Tames frizzy hair- Coconut oil benefits rich in saturated fats that help smoothen the cuticles. This makes the hair softer and well-nourished, thus keeping frizz under control.
- Promotes hair growth- The fatty acids nourish the scalp and help improve blood circulation, preventing hair loss and boosting growth. It also provides nutrients that support the development of new hair follicles.
- Tackles premature graying- Coconut oil for gray hair? Since it helps retain proteins and provides nutrients that nourish hair from within, it can help prevent premature hair graying.
- Reduces inflammation and prevents infections- The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help keep the scalp free of bacteria and reduce inflammation and irritation that could lead to more issues.
- Adds shine and luster- Because it secures moisture and nourishes and conditions the hair, coconut oil leaves behind a healthy shine. Its regular application causes no harm and is thus advised for people of all age groups.
- Detangles hair- Coconut oil benefits the hair by hydrating and smoothening it, giving it a slippery texture that makes it easy to detangle and helps prevent knotting.
- Strengthens and protects- Vitamin E helps strengthen the hair and protect it from damage induced by free radicals. It also has a natural SPF concentration that helps protect it from UV radiation.
Damaged hair can be a thing of the past when you massage your scalp regularly with this oil infused with the goodness of rice bran and coconut oil.
5 Smart Ways to Incorporate Coconut Oil in Your Hair Care Routine:
Coconut oil can be applied to the hair in several ways. After bathing, use a tiny amount to untangle your hair or as a daily moisturizer for dry hair. Coconut oil can also be used as a booster.
When you don’t have time to start your wash day over on day two or three of curly hairstyles, rinse thoroughly from the root to the tip of your curls. After that, it’s next-level in terms of hydration and shine.
Yet, nourishing hair with coconut oil is one of its most popular uses. It would be advisable to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Splitting your hair and applying the coconut oil in manageable portions is essential to cover every strand.
- Put more coconut oil in the areas of your hair that are the roughest and most damaged (usually the ends) and less where your hair is the strongest (mid-shaft and scalp area). To prevent the oil from holding your hair down, skip the scalp if your hair is thin or prone to being oily.
- After using the coconut oil, let it remain on your hair for 20 to 30 minutes. Some people use it as an overnight therapy if their hair is particularly thin or dry.
- Apply heat with a hairdryer for a few minutes to open the cuticle and help the oil penetrate deeper into the strands. Then, cover your hair with a shower cap, wrap it in a hot towel just out of the dryer, or use heat-styling products to boost their efficiency.
- If you’ve been using coconut oil as a hair mask, you’ll need to properly rinse the oil away from your scalp after the procedure. (This might need a few rinsing sessions). In addition, you should also evaluate the results by applying this oil in varying quantities. Finally, consider using less coconut oil or increasing the shampoo after treatment if it makes your hair feel heavy or sticky.
Follow a Good Hair Care Regime for the Best Results!
The scalp will receive the appropriate care and nutrients to remain healthy with an effective hair care regimen. This will also ensure healthy hair growth. This beginner’s guide will highlight your hair care regimen to get lustrous, voluminous, and bouncy hair.
Step 1: Hair Oiling- It is suggested to avoid using oil if you have an oily scalp since it will give the fungus on your scalp the nutrition it needs to develop. Thus, further hair-related issues are raised. Nonetheless, it is well known that oiling your hair is one of the finest techniques for stimulating hair growth.
Weekly hair oiling will help nourish the scalp and boost the hair roots. In addition, a good hair oiling technique should help combat various hair issues. It will work well for everything, including dryness, rough texture, frizz, and other issues.
We welcome you to try Mamaearth’s Rice Hair Oil– it is crafted with the goodness of coconut oil and rice extracts. The duo helps accelerate hair growth and prevents your hair from harmful bacteria. In addition, its regular use helps make hair well-nourished and shinier.
Step 2: Shampooing- There isn’t a shampoo that works for everyone because everyone has a different hair type and texture. It is thus important to opt for a hair shampoo that matches your hair type. You should keep the scalp and hair clean of dust, grime, and excess sebum.
You should wait a day between shampooing sessions to keep your scalp healthy and problem-free. We welcome you to check out our best-selling hair care products for the best results. Made of safe and natural ingredients, they work well to build a conducive environment for healthier hair growth.
You should try out our Tea Tree Shampoo. With a careful blend of Tea Tree and Ginger Oil, you may stimulate and refresh your hair while soothing dryness, minimizing itching and irritation, and improving the health and freshness of the scalp.
The natural ingredients of Mamaearth Tea Tree Shampoo ensure that dandruff and extra oil are controlled gently and eliminated. Reducing dandruff relieves itchy, greasy, and flaky scalp and gives you a healthy, itch-free scalp and nourished hair. This toxin-free hair shampoo contains vitamin E, which supports hair growth while enhancing blood flow, avoiding breakage, and intensely hydrating hair.
Step 3: Conditioning- Avoiding hair breakage is an excellent way to encourage growth. Only a high-quality hair conditioner can ensure your hair doesn’t frizz or split in obvious areas. The conditioner will be a magic ingredient to soften and enhance the hair. But many individuals skip it to save time, despite its importance.
Therefore, it is suggested that you always use a good quality hair conditioner. It would help retain moisture and form a protective layer to shield the strands from damage. It would also strengthen the hair roots and reduce frizz.
For optimum results, you should try Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner, enhanced with the goodness of Fermented Rice Water, Keratin, and Coconut Oil for damage control. Fermented rice water, an ingredient in East Asian cultures, strengthens and restores hair.
With the all-natural benefits of Fermented Rice Water and Keratin, pamper your strands with Mamaearth Rice Water Conditioner. The conditioner has a high hydration level, restores smoothness and shine, and rejuvenates hair. Rice water is high in vitamins B and C, enhancing hair’s appearance, while Keratin reduces frizz and restores shine.
Step 4: Hair Mask- You should keep your scalp free of dirt, dust, and other build-ups to avoid problems. It is essential to moisturize it with the appropriate protein and other crucial elements to promote healthy hair growth. No matter what kind of issue you are facing, you need to take the time to identify the perfect hair mask that will help you prevent damage and get a healthier scalp.
A toxin-free hair mask will thoroughly hydrate and cleanse the scalp for the best results. But be careful to choose organic and natural hair care products because they are excellent at giving the hair the proper nutrients. Moreover, try out the Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask, which promotes hair growth. Natural ingredients in this hair mask provide the scalp with intense nourishment.
Additional Tip: You can also use a good-quality hair serum once a week to add more shine and luster to your hair.
Why should one choose coconut oil over other hair oils?
Compared to other oils like argan or rosemary, coconut oil’s intense nourishing properties make it superior at healing dry, brittle strands (which have their benefits). Also, if you want a finishing product or something more hydrating, you may apply it on wet or dry hair.
The various fatty acids in coconut oil, such as lauric acid, enable it to penetrate the hair shaft deeply. According to some research, coconut oil can even strengthen hair strands, which means frequent usage may lead to less breakage and hair fall.
To oil or not to oil
It shouldn’t be a question since coconut oil for hair benefits are hard to deny. The one drawback is that it can make the hair greasy. However, coconut oil benefits hair more than make-up for this. It works for all types of hair and is easy to use. The trick is to find the coconut oil for hair growth made of only natural ingredients.
Natural coconut oil is used in shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and hair growth oils. Some of these include infusions with other ingredients to offer the best care for your hair. A not-so-secret tip: warming it a little before the application is the best way to make the most of it.
A proper list of coconut oil uses and benefits would go beyond the kitchen and the scope of our article. However, this fat-rich fruit (and its oil) is always here to provide us with many innovative ways to have stronger, healthier, shinier, and more beautiful hair.
- Is coconut oil good for hair?
Coconut oil is easy to absorb and penetrates deep into the hair shaft, nourishing hair and helping it stay hydrated. It helps fight dandruff and infections and repairs split ends and damage caused by free radicals. It also tames frizzy hair and gives it a lustrous shine.
- How to apply coconut oil to hair?
Warm the oil a little before rubbing it on your palms and gently massaging it into your hair. Apply more oil to the most damaged sections. Leave on for about 20-30 mins. It is preferable to use at night to avoid a greasy look.
- Can I use coconut oil on my hair every day?
Coconut oil is a natural ingredient, and there aren't any reported side effects to using it daily. How you use it, and its form will also factor in how often you can fit it into your routine. Most experts recommend using it at least twice weekly but have no arguments against it daily.
- Is coconut oil good for hair growth?
Yes, coconut oil is indeed very effective at fostering faster hair growth. The presence of vitamins and fatty acids in coconut oil nourishes the scalp. It also improves blood flow and reduces inflammations, making hair grow thicker, longer, and stronger. Using coconut oil for hair regrowth too works wonders.
- Is coconut oil good for dandruff?
Lauric acid in coconut oil helps manage sebum production – an excess of which is one of the leading causes of dandruff. In addition, its antibacterial properties kill fungi that cause dandruff and help keep the scalp clean.
- Does coconut oil regrow hair?
Coconut oil helps hair grow stronger and longer. And while the nutrients it provides are known to encourage the growth of new hair follicles, the claim that it can regrow hair lacks sufficient evidence.
- What is coconut oil good for?
Coconut oil offers a wide range of benefits for overall well being. It is known to help improve metabolism and cognitive function and is hailed for its nourishing and restorative properties for the skin and hair.
- Which coconut oil is good for hair?
Choosing the best coconut oil depends on what you use it for and how you intend to use it. Extra virgin coconut oil is generally regarded as the ideal oil for hair.
- Is coconut oil bad for your hair?
Coconut oil may make the hair greasy because of its high comedogenic value. But it can also nourish and strengthen the hair follicles, reduce dandruff and split ends, and make the hair shinier. Experts believe coconut oil on gray hair may reverse the unwanted color change.
- Is Coconut oil good for faster hair growth?
Leaving coconut oil in your hair overnight is often recommended as it gives the hair time to soak up all the benefits. It nourishes the hair and helps improve blood flow. For an overnight treatment: Apply the oil to your hair and cover with a towel. Rinse it out in the morning.
- Can coconut oil stop hair fall?
Coconut oil helps prevent protein loss and provides essential nutrients for the scalp and hair. It nourishes and strengthens hair helping prevent damage and breakage.
Popular Search Terms- hyaluronic acid skin benefits, niacinamide serum benefits, What is Witch Hazel?, Lavender Oil Benefits, Face Scrub Uses, Bhringraj Oil Benefits, Benefits of Rose water, Avocado Oil for hair, Vitamin e benefits for skin, Shea Butter Benefits, Vitamin C Serum Benefits, Turmeric benefits for skin, best underarm whitening cream, Almond oil benefits, Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin, lipstick shades for indian skin, Lip Care Tips, Rice Water for Skin, Rice Water for Hair, What is retinol?, henna products in india