Who doesn’t love to have clear and glowing skin? Unfortunately, it’s more common to have an uneven skin tone nowadays. Irrespective of skin color, dark spots and patches can appear on any part of the skin. Washing your face with one of the best anti pigmentation face wash can help you to achieve clear skin. Whether you experience scarring from popped pimples or patchy spots on the skin due to prolonged exposure to the sun, you need to treat them, as the condition may worsen.
Aging gracefully is a dream of many people, but only some can achieve it. For some people, it means leading a happy and wholesome life while it’s maintaining your youthful appearance for others. Dark circles, acne marks, and sun tanning are a part of skin discoloration. They rank as the main skincare concerns that can hurt our self-confidence.
However, if you’ve patches of darker pigmentation on your skin, you’re not alone. Also, if you’re wondering about the possible causes and solutions for treating these spots on your face, this blog will cover everything you need to know. From some of the best pigmentation serum, face washes and face creams for treating pigmentations, we’ll share everything with you.
Decoding Pigmentation and its Types
Pigmentation is the formation of excess melanin, a natural pigment within the skin that provides color to the skin. When the skin is exposed to the harsh UV rays of the sun, it produces dark-colored spots on the skin, causing a difference in the skin’s complexion. It is a common skin condition that affects people of all skin types and can appear in small and large patches on the body. It can cover the entire body.
The excess pigment gets deposited deep in the skin, giving it a darker look. The risk of pigmentation rises with the aging of skin cells and exposure to skin areas. By forming this layer on the skin, melanin helps protect the skin from exposure to various skincare concerns. Different types of hyperpigmentation on the skin are classified based on affected areas, genetics, and hormonal changes. Here is how they square up:
- Sunspots: They commonly occur on the face, hands, chest, and arms and usually affect people with lighter skin tones. They are formed on the skin due to excessive exposure to harmful UV rays. They are also called age spots, liver spots, and solar lentigines.
- Melasma: Also known as chloasma, they’re formed as large dark skin patches. They happen due to genetic changes and hormonal changes to certain medications. It can occur anywhere on the body, face, and stomach.
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation: This hyperpigmentation can occur only after certain skin conditions, such as eczema, acne, or psoriasis. If you’re the one who is experiencing dark spots exactly on the spots where you had eczema or acne, then you’re suffering from post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
How does Pigmentation occur on skin?
We all wish to stay young, happily glowing, and always fit. Don’t we? But the sad part is that nothing stays permanent in the universe. Our ever-lasting youth also can get affected by the constant appearance of these spots as they can’t fade off easily.
Let’s look at some of the causes of pigmentation below:
- Squeezing of pimples: Constant touching of pimples and acne can lead to more swelling and redness as the skin and tissue under the skin get damaged. This is called post-acne pigmentation and can be caused due to usage of the wrong skincare products or using them more than they are required to be used.
If you’re feeling an urge to pinch and squeeze that pimple due to the itchy feeling, you can entrust our Mamaearth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash. Enriched with the natural benefits of Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid, it is the cleanser for pigmentation control available with us right now. It gently cleanses the skin, removes excess oil & dirt, locks in moisture, and kills bacteria in the skin.
- You’re aging: Nothing can interfere with the natural processes of nature, right? Similarly, aging is a natural process in which it gets naturally degraded and forms various signs of aging on the skin. So, when one reaches the age bracket of 45 to 50, one can expect aging spots, such as fine lines, wrinkles, pimples, and dark spots.
- Prolonged exposure to a harmful environment: When we’re out in the sun, our skin barrier tackles pollution and UV rays. Constant exposure to UV rays and pollution leads to the appearance of signs of aging, such as dark spots, pimples, freckles, and much more. You can easily get rid of the dirt and harmful effects of UV rays with the help of the best face wash for dry skin.
- Consumption of an unhealthy diet: Taking a nutritious and nourishing diet is critical to your skincare plans. Being deficient in folic acid can make the skin discolored. This nutrient is found in leafy green vegetables, legumes, and fruits.
- Exposure to UVB and blue-colored rays: Constant exposure to the blue light rays from mobiles, TVs, and laptops can be dangerous and may take a heavy toll on the skin. They, too, can be responsible for pigmentation. Besides these, hormonal fluctuations, medications & skin treatments, and skin injuries such as wounds, bruises, or serious burns can also trigger pigmentation.
Counting on Effective Natural Treatments for Skin Pigmentation
There are a variety of natural ingredients that act as pigment inhibitors for the skin. They help reduce the appearance of pigmentation or dark patches on the skin.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Known as a natural bleaching agent, it is one of the fastest natural remedies for treating pigmentation. Apple cider vinegar is acidic as it is prepared with the fermentation of apple juice.
Applying a natural and toxin-free pigmentation removal cleanser can help remove marks and spots in just a few weeks. You can thus try our Mamaearth Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash, which deeply cleanses the skin and imparts a natural glow.
2. Vitamin C
Found in the epidermal and dermis layers of the skin, Vitamin C is one of the best natural remedies for treating burn marks on the skin. It is necessary for improving the skin’s texture and health. Enriched with essential antioxidants, this nutrient is quite effective in maintaining the collagen production of the skin, which keeps the skin healthy and maintains its elasticity. In addition, it contains ascorbic acid, a natural inhibitor of Melatonin that works perfectly against pigmentation.
With the benefits of powerful vitamins and minerals, it boosts the skin cell reproduction process that replaces old & damaged cells quickly, making the skin youthful & radiant. However, finding a perfect anti-pigmentation products can be quite tricky.
Therefore, we suggest you try our Mamaearth Multani Mitti Face Wash. It assists in deeply cleansing the skin, providing natural hydration, and removing impurities from the skin. Using it twice a day also soothes the skin of inflammation and dryness.
3. Aloe Vera
Loaded with skin-soothing benefits and various health benefits, this miracle ingredient is no less than a powerhouse of vitamins & minerals. In addition, Aloe Vera contains ‘Aloesin,’ a natural compound that helps reduce the production of excess melanin in the skin cells.
Aloe Vera can help lighten extremely tanned & pigmented skin. Thus, using an aloe vera-enriched anti-pigmentation will help cleanse and hydrate the skin. It would also boost the process of new cell regeneration that can replace older and hyper-pigmented cells. The question arises should we wash our face after applying aloe vera gel? And the answer is that you should clean your face with cold water after 10-15 minues and pat dry with clean towel.
4. Milk and Milk Products
Are you aware that lactic acid works as a perfect natural bleaching agent? Yes, milk and milk products, such as curd, help remove acne marks, scars, and dark patches. In addition, milk assists in nourishing the skin by supplying the required oxygen and nutrients to the blood, making the skin plump and healthy. Lactic acid will effectively help reduce the excess pigmentation on the skin.
Derived from Vitamin A, Retinol is an ingredient that can be quite effective at minimizing the appearance of dark pigmentation spots by speeding up natural skin cell turnover, making your skin youthful.
Looking for the best cleanser for dark spots and pigmentation but couldn’t find one? You may try our Mamaearth Retinol Face Wash. Enriched with Retinol and Bakuchi, it helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles, and combat the signs of premature aging. It will also boost collagen production in the skin, restore the skin’s elasticity, and treat its discoloration.
Proven Skincare Routine to Treat Pigmentation
To achieve naturally healthy and glowing skin, one needs to maintain healthy skin by following a daily skincare regimen that targets various skincare concerns at once, giving you smooth, glowing, and soft skin. Here are some steps to help you create a dedicated skincare routine with natural products, which you should follow twice daily.
- Step 1- Cleansing your skin daily: You know how our skins take a huge toll on themselves by combating the harsh elements of UV rays and pollution. This clogs our skin pores. Therefore, it’s necessary to regularly cleanse your skin with the best medicated cleanser for pigmentation in India two times a day. It helps remove dirt & excess oil and reveals a natural glow on the skin.
If you’re looking for natural hydrating and anti-pigmentation products for your skin, we suggest you try Mamaearth Aqua Glow Face Wash for washing your face daily. You can always keep your skin hydrated, smooth, supple, and glowing with Himalayan Thermal Water and Hyaluronic Acid. Next, pick a natural and hydrating body wash from our variety of natural body washes.
- Step 2- Getting rid of dead skin cells: Exfoliating your skin regularly with a body scrub and face scrub, such as Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Scrub, is the best way to remove dirt, impurities, and excess sebum that tends to clog the pores. It helps the skin to breathe and allows better penetration of other products, giving you naturally radiant skin.
- Step 3- Toning is a boon for your skin: Maintaining an AM-PM toning routine for your skin will help you deep cleanse the skin pores, keep it oil-free, tighten it, and maintain your skin’s pH levels. In addition, using a face toner will give your skin a brightened complexion, and texture, making you feel smooth.
- Step 4- Masking your face: If you pick a nourishing face mask and nourish your face and skin every 2-3 days a week, it will depigment your darkened skin and suck out all the impurities and excess oil from the skin. Also, it will keep your skin moisturized and smooth.
- Step 5- Moisturizing your face: Investing in a natural face moisturizer or face cream (such as Mamaearth Bye Bye Blemishes Face Cream) that evens skin tone. It will also reduce pigmentation and pigmentation blemishes, strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, and provide adequate hydration. Remember to pick an oil-free moisturizer that doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and makes the skin glow.
Easy Way to Treat & Prevent Pigmentation
- Keeping the skin moist always boosts the skin cell turnover process.
- Wash your face with an anti pigmentation products, such as Mamaearth Rice Water Face Wash, regularly to cleanse the skin.
- Avoid touching bug bites, blackheads, and other facial injuries.
- Trying a variety of natural over-the-counter whitening options.
- Shielding your skin from UV rays.
- Wear skin-protective clothes to block sunlight.
- Avoid sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm.
Summing it up
When identifying the main cause of pigmentation, sun damage is one of the biggest causes of hyperpigmentation, but it can be prevented by staying out of direct sunlight. To treat darker skin pigmentation on your skin, you can easily pick Mamaearth’s cleanser for pigmentation control. But you should also adhere to some tips mentioned above if you have to prevent pigmentation in the future.
We advise you to opt for a skincare brand that is home-grown and natural such as Mamaearth. We are Asia’s first MadeSafe-Certified brand and we formulate toxin-free skin care products using safe and natural ingredients. Also, we are busy spreading goodness through our sustainability actions. We recycle more plastic than we consume, thus reducing the human environmental burden.
- Which Cleanser is best for pigmentation control?
If you’re looking for a cleanser for pigmentation, pick one with natural ingredients, such as Vitamin C, Retinol, and Aloe Vera. We suggest you pick Mamaearth Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash for treating pigmentation on your face. Using it twice a day will deeply cleanse, brighten the skin tone, and make the skin glow.
- How can I clear my face from pigmentation?
With the help of picking natural ingredients such as milk, onion juice, Vitamin C, Apple Cider Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Green Tea Extract, and Aloe Vera, you can clear pigmentation on your face. You should also opt for a set of matching safe and gentle skincare products that are made using natural ingredients to get the full benefits.
- Is Vitamin C good for pigmentation control?
Yes, Vitamin C is good for treating pigmentation as it is enriched with essential antioxidants that help maintain the collagen production of the skin, keeping the skin healthy and its elasticity. In addition, it contains ascorbic acid, a natural inhibitor of Melatonin that works perfectly against pigmentation.
|Popular Search Terms|
how to remove tan from hands and legs, how to get rid of dry skin, how to remove wrinkles under eyes,neem oil benefits, waterproof makeup, is glycerin good for your skin, dark patches on skin,which face wash is best for oily skin, how to use concealer, rosemary oil for hair, best scrub for glowing skin, how to get glowing skin naturally, how to remove sun tan from hands, how to use shower gel, best compact powder, what causes dark circles, how to reverse gray hair naturally, what is salicylic acid, Why pimples occur on face, What is Keratin & Why is it Essential for Hair, which perfume is best for men, is coconut oil good for hair, makeup tips for beginners, eyeliner styles you must try, how to grow thick hair, best face wash for glowing skin