From splashy feet to dirty hands, your little one doesn’t keep a check on hygiene, but as a parent, you have to. Cleaning stains from your baby’s clothes can be difficult if you are confused about using a liquid detergent or powder. You might also have reservations about moving away from your trusted powder-based detergent that you’ve been using for so long. We will take you through some smart tips to help you make a smarter switch for your baby’s laundry easier!
With the changing times, technological advances have not spared the baby care domain either. Our elders in the family used to follow the traditional method of washing clothes with warm water. But sometimes, a hand soap liquid can work much better for them. Liquid laundry detergent will keep your baby’s clothes clean and safe, with too many things to be cautious about.
What is a Liquid Detergent?
Most detergents (either in powdered or liquid form) contain chemical substances and are designed to clean dishes or clothes. These abrasive ingredients help draw out dust, grime, and other impurities in a hassle-free manner.
But you cannot use such abrasives on your baby’s tender skin. Baby care products take a lot of work to pick. From baby bath products to baby oral care, the market offers you plenty of choices. But being a new parent, you want the best for your little munchkin.
Detergent Liquid vs. Powder Detergent – Which one is Better?
There are significant differences between these two kinds of detergents. Let’s list them all below:
- Texture: The powder detergent is solid and coarse in texture. It works well for those who hand-wash clothes. However, the residual powdery texture stays on your hands, and you should wash them before doing anything else. Not doing so could cause allergy and inflammation, and this can be quite painful.
Using a liquid detergent makes the process easier and hassle-free. It has a smooth, flowy texture that keeps you from using your palms to measure the quantity. You can pour it directly into the water to soak your clothes or above them, as per your need.
- Comfort: When using powder detergent, there is a chance of clotting where powder might not dissolve well in water. If such a thing happens, some particles may get stuck to the fabric and cause rashes.
When it comes to liquid detergents, you can assure yourself that comfort will be your BFF. The results are always good whether you pour it directly into the water to soak your clothes or above your outfits in a hurry.
- Package: Packing powder detergents involves either a thick packet use or a container with a spoon. It may get difficult to use sometimes, especially when juggling more work than just laundry.
Note:A laundry liquid detergent should also come with easy and intuitive packaging too. This should include an easy pour spout or a handle to facilitate better handling.
- Add-ons: After a good wash with a powder detergent, you might need to rinse your clothes in a fabric softener to prevent the stiffening of your outfits. It keeps your clothes soft and prevents the color-fading after every wash.
However, liquid detergents aren’t that harsh on your clothes. They mix well with the threads of your fabric and clean dirt from them effectively. You wouldn’t need to add a fabric softener to your washing machine once you use this cleansing potion!
Concerns to address before doing laundry
We just mentioned that washing clothes with liquid detergent is easier and you should prefer doing so. However, there are some reminders that you need to keep in mind when doing laundry with either kind of detergent. They are:
- Cleanliness: Parenting is an unforgettable experience. You may have too much on your plate sometimes, and you might need to do something else once in a while. But remember to wash your hands if you come in contact with your detergent.
The residual remains of your detergent (especially powder detergent) stay on your hands. So if your next job is feeding or cooking for your munchkin, you should ensure that your hands are neat and clean. This would also prevent bacterial infections from spreading.
- Safety: This one’s for parents with little toddlers at home. They should ensure that their detergent is kept from your child’s reach. Once your kid starts walking or crawling, it will get difficult to hide stuff from them.
You should thus keep the container or the bottle at an unreachable height from where they cannot pick them up, or keep it in a place they do not know exists. This can help prevent several mishaps.
- Supervision: New or not, every parent wants their child to be strong and independent. If you have children just learning to help you with the daily chores, you should ensure they do it under your supervision.
Be it a simple task of putting the detergent in the washing machine, you should also ensure that they do not get their hands dirty. If they do, you should get them cleaned before they sit to do any other task.
Buying a Liquid Detergent: 5 Factors to consider
Given why a liquid washing detergent should be your ideal pick, we will list the factors that can help you choose. Let’s take a look at them all in detail:
- Does it meet the purpose? : Does the detergent you picked for your child meet this purpose? Does it work well on the job it is supposed to do? Before picking the best liquid detergent that is safe for your baby skin and compatible with your washing machine, you should check for its reviews online. Asking people around you may also help.
The more recommendations you seek, the better it gets for you. You know your answers either by the positive or negative route. By positive route, we imply picking the one that many rely on; by negative, we mean to filter your choices by ruling the odd ones out.
- Is it safe? : The biggest sign of being a parent shows in your choices. The first question you ask yourself is – is it safe for my baby? For example, detergents are manufactured using various hazardous chemicals that help remove stains and odor easily and quickly.
When you pick your liquid detergent for your little one, stay assured that it meets all the safety standards that make it safe for your kid. Choose a cleaner free from harmful toxins and chemicals like chemical dyes, artificial fragrances, SLES, Formaldehydes, etc.
- Will it be allergic? Parents always want their children to grow up happy and healthy. They take all the precautions to be taken and stay a step ahead in preventing losses, these skills are just the beginning for every parent. Sometimes, this even becomes a deciding factor in purchasing a liquid detergent.
Bleach and artificial fragrances too can cause your baby’s skin to react adversely or make it irritated. Your child’s skin is too delicate for these chemicals, which might give your baby mild skin rashes. Pick the one that is hypoallergenic or has allergen-free fragrances.
- Is it environmentally friendly? : We, as parents, are responsible for creating a sustainable and beautiful environment for our children. If we pick a detergent that isn’t as good for the environment, chances are we have made a wrong choice.
When picking a cloth washing detergent, especially liquid ones, you must check the ingredients. You also need to see if the product is biodegradable or nature-friendly. If not, inducing more chemicals into the environment isn’t going to benefit anyone. It only adds to depleting natural resources at large. So think before you make your move!
- Is it convenient to carry around? : Convenience and comfort often go hand-in-hand. While the former includes easy instructions and usage, the latter include affordability and availability. Today, there is a plethora of liquid detergents in the market. To pick the best-suited option, you should ensure the two’s compatibility in your preference.
The liquid detergent should be easy to use. The directions should be simple and direct. It should be affordable and used in washing machines and hand-washing your baby’s outfits. When we say check your convenience, we mean to check for all these pointers before making your final decision.
Mamaearth products to try
Nature has a lot to offer. From medicinal advantages to beauty solutions, everything exists under the sun. So you need to have a keen eye for detail. At Mamaearth, we strive to bring this theory true every day.
Our product range is natural and diverse and meets everyone’s needs. It has baby Oralcare, baby shampoo, baby oil and various versatile products. One such best-selling product that has been doing a commendable job is Mamaearth Plant-Based Laundry Detergent.
Mamaearth Plant-Based Laundry Detergent is a toxin-free liquid detergent meant for babies and young children. It breaks down oil and dirt from your child’s clothes to clean the remaining tough stains. It also eliminates odor and keeps your baby’s clothes smelling fresh all day.
Its key ingredients include:
- Neem extract: Neem is widely popular for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It keeps away the growth of harmful bacteria and ensures your baby’s skin doesn’t get irritated or sustain rashes.
- Bio enzymes: These miraculous beauties help break down dirt and oil but stay gentle on your munchkin’s outfits.
- Lime citrus: Lime citrus acid helps remove tough stains and dirt residue on your baby’s clothes. It is a natural bleach and provides the same results without causing any harm to your baby’s gentle skin.
- Plant-based surfactants: It removes dirt and germs from your child’s clothes. It eases the stain removal process by effortlessly breaking down the stain enzymes.
How to use Mamaearth Plant-Based Laundry Detergent?
Knowing the directions to use this masterpiece will help you clean your baby’s clothes with care and caution. If you hand wash your baby’s outfits, dilute 5 ml detergent into 5L water and stir well. Then, soak soiled clothes completely for 30-45 minutes. Hand washes after soaking.
Similarly, if you are using a washing machine, you should opt for a medium load and add 20 ml to the washing machine. Then, add soiled clothes to the washing machine. Lastly, follow the standard washing machine procedure.
Liquid detergents are the newest and most efficient additions to laundry products. They come with several advantages over powder and soap detergents. From the ease of usage to the comfort offered, they offer several benefits for everyone.
Caution:The opposite is also true. With poor-quality products, the choices are plenty. They may also contain harmful chemicals and bleaches. Using such ill-advised options can harm your baby’s skin or even cause severe and painful rashes.
Mamaearth Plant-Based Laundry Detergent comes as your savior here. It has natural cleaning agents that make your baby’s clothes clean, odorless, and hygienic. In addition, it is toxin-free and optimized for your child’s sensitive skin.
We know parenting can be overwhelming. It gets tough sometimes, and the responsibility factor never really falls off your shoulders. But we are here to help you. With a great baby care range of products, we are here to give your baby’s skin the love it deserves. It is because, even if they don’t remember this, you will! Happy parenting!
- How do I make my laundry smell good?
To make your laundry smell fresh and odorless, we suggest using Mamaearth Plant-Based Laundry Detergent. It is natural, safe, free from toxins, easy to use, and manufactured with natural cleaning agents. In addition, it stays gentle on your baby’s skin and prevents rashes and irritation.
|Popular Search Terms|
ashwagandha benefits, vitamin e for skin, scar removal cream, best oil for baby massage, Underarm whitening cream, bhringraj oil benefits, charcoal face mask benefits, what is charcoal, coconut milk benefits, cucumber benefits, dead skin, hair smoothening, baldness, how to use coffee for skin whitening, how to use honey for skin whitening, hair density, keratin, niacinamide serum benefits, pimple, rashes on baby skin, rice water benefits, benefits of rose water on face, saffron benefits for skin, Serum, vitamin c serum benefits, best hair oil for hair growth and thickness, how to use cleanser, skin lightening cream, how to remove acne marks Baby Essentials Kit