You’re all decked up to go out and appear your best. With a gorgeous outfit complementing your hairdo, you have achieved the look the way you planned. But wait, your lipstick suddenly has started peeling off, spoiling your otherwise stellar look (and with it, your mood too). Those dry, chapped lips have brought down your otherwise photogenic appearance. That’s why a teenage girl or woman should always back herself with the best lip balm for such-last minute disasters.
A lip cream or lip balm is one simple skincare product that makes your lips healthy. Our lips are very soft and cannot bear the stress of environmental aggressors. However, with the winters approaching, we should be more cautious about our lips as they are prone to getting dry quickly. The best way to keep them rosy and nourished is to provide them with the best grade of TLC- and here’s how you can do it.
What causes lips to crack and look chapped?
The lips don’t have enough oil glands to protect themselves from harsh environmental factors. This means they are subjected to drying out and becoming chaffed. Dehydration can worsen the situation even more- be it seasonal or induced due to a lack of self-care. Excessive or too little humidity in the air may cause the lips to get chapped.
The other possible causes of chapped lips include-
- Irregular hydration: Similar to our skin, our lips tend to get dry if they are not supplied with a proper dose of hydration. The fact that moisturization is a key to healthy, soft, and glowing does not apply to skin and hair only. Lips do need hydration much more often.
- Sun damage: We need Vitamin D every day, but do you know that too much exposure can cause damage to your lips’ skin? It can dry them out and may interfere with their natural ability to hold the water and hydration.
- Vitamin deficiency: Lack of several vitamins and minerals, such as Zinc and Vitamin B, may lead to lips peeling or redness. They’re quite helpful in promoting healthy skin and healing wounds effectively.
- Lip picking and licking: As we experience dry or chapped lips, we continuously lick them and pick the dry bits. This will eventually worsen the problem as it may lead to scarring or discoloration. It leads to the loss of natural oils.
- Wearing protective face masks: After COVID-19, wearing face masks has become the norm in all public places. But do you know that prolonged use of these face masks can harm our lips? When you put on a face mask, the damp environment can be a breeding ground for bacteria that may damage your lips.
Here are some of the common lip problems you may experience with changes in weather-
- Chapping: This mostly occurs due to prolonged exposure to harmful environmental elements. Chapped lips can be treated with a balm enriched with SPF for maximum protection against the harsh sun. We suggest you opt for a safe and gentle lip balm that contains hydrating elements like vitamins A, C, E, and AHAs.
Did you know?Mamaearth Cherry Tinted Natural Lip Balm is made with natural ingredients such as Cherry, Vitamin E, Castor Oil, and Coconut Oil. It is extremely nourishing and hydrating and gives your lips a glossy look.
- Spitting: Naturally, our throat secretes more saliva in the drier summer and winter seasons. But this added spit is not good for your lips. The residue that builds up can make the lips dry and chapped. The best way to heal them is to use lip cream or balm enriched with vitamins A, C, and E.
- Lipstick bleeding: The lips lose collagen and elasticity due to lifestyle factors such as excessive smoking and an unhealthy diet. You can prevent this by giving up smoking and outlining your lips with a waxy lip liner.
- Cold sores: They appear to be tiny painful blisters caused by viral infections. Although cold sores heal independently, you can also use over-the-counter lip creams and balms for a faster resolution.
What is a Lip Balm?
Your lips have more than a million nerve endings, which is why they are the body’s most sensitive parts. In addition, the skin on your lips is thinner compared to the skin elsewhere. Thus lips are vulnerable to dry air, wind, and cold temperatures, as there is no defense membrane to protect them.
Lip balm is a wax-like substance that moisturizes lips and relieves dryness or soreness. It contains several essential oils, waxes, and other essential ingredients to protect the skin against environmental stressors.
Why do you need Lip Balm?
As the lips bear the toll of weather changes, restoring their health by inducing lip care products is important. Get to the bottom of these benefits, and you’ll know why you need a lip balm in your skincare routine.
- Humidifies lips: Your lips require a scheduled hydration boost as they dry very often. To do so, you should always opt for a toxin-free lip balm for your dry lips. It would help restore hydration and nourish the lips, thus making them supple and soft.
- Shields from damage: Various environmental factors, such as heat from UV rays and changing seasons, can take a heavy toll on your facial skin. The trick is to use lip balms enriched with SPF to shield your lips from the sun and other environmental damage.
- Exfoliates: Many balms come packed with exfoliating agents to gently slough dead skin cells from your lips. They help make your lips healthier and softer, and may even make them glossier with regular usage.
- Brightens lips: With age, signs of aging tend to occur on the lips, such as hyperpigmentation, darkened spots, or dullness. Regular application of the best lip balm for dark lips helps fade these signs of aging and gives you brighter, more even-toned lips.
- Adds a hint of color: A good-quality lip balm (meant for girls) should contain a hint of color to give their lips a subtle color and burst of moisture. If one is not fond of wearing lipsticks in the daytime, then using a tinted balm could help one make one’s pout glossier.
- Plays as a night lip mask: Applying a balm while you are asleep ensures that your lips remain well-nourished in the morning. And all the new skin cells will be protected by your nourishing balm for lips.
Did you know?Our body goes into a deep restoration process when we go to sleep. Our skin flushes out toxins, removes dead skin cells, and regenerates new ones. So, applying a balm on the lips at night would be beneficial as it keeps the new skin soft and protected.
Lip care routine for soft and healthier lips
Just like you need to take the utmost care of your skin, lips, too, require the same amount of attention. A good-quality lip balm (for men and women) is an amazing skincare product that helps restore lips’ health. However, there are several other steps you need to follow to maintain healthy lips.
Step 1: Scrub off dead skin: Just like scrubbing your facial skin is crucial, our lips, too, require an exfoliation session to buff away dead skin cell buildup. You can either buy a mild lip scrub or make your homemade lip scrub. Apart from scrubbing, it helps soften cracks on the lips and makes sure that your lips don’t give in to any infection.
Step 2: Apply a serum for that extra care: Our lips also tend to face the constant burden of environmental stressors, which leads to fine lines, dullness, and hyperpigmentation. We suggest you apply a hydrating lip serum after exfoliation to make your lips look plump and hydrated.
Step 3: Moisturize your Lips: Moisturization is arguably the most important part of any skincare routine. Make sure you have a lip balm that provides moisturization to the lips. It should contain essential humectants, emollients, and occlusives to nourish the lips.
Step 4: Mask them away: Maintaining a PM skincare routine is crucial, right? While you apply a night mask on your facial skin, you must remember to apply a lip mask on your lips. Along with supplying essential nutrients to the skin, it also locks in moisture to your lips.
A Beginner’s Guide To Using Makeup Products Like A Pro
As the beauty world has seen immense development, learning how to apply makeup has become an art. Here’s a beginner’s guide using some of our best color care products if you want to learn the fundamentals of makeup artistry.
Step 1: Adequate hydration is important: Before starting the makeup process, you should ensure that your face is thoroughly moisturized and well hydrated. Prep your skin by applying a face moisturizer, which will also help lay other makeup products smoothly.
Step 2: Look good but do not harm your skin: The next step is to apply a primer according to your skin type. It prevents makeup from sinking into the pores, assists in smooth application, and provides a fine finish to the skin.
Step 3: Making a base with a liquid foundation: Try setting a base on your skin by using a foundation that sets up a base for the makeup. It helps in providing an even-toned and natural appearance. Next, you should opt for a concealer that suits your skin tone.
Step 4: Concealing the dark spots: Applying concealer to your facial area is the perfect way to conceal under-eye circles, dark patches, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. You can use a damp sponge or makeup brush to smoothen the application process.
Step 5: Getting a natural shine on your face: At the end, you need to apply a compact. It comes in a liquid- or powdered form and would give your skin a radiant and glossy finish. You can also use bronzer to give your skin that sun-kissed glow.
Step 6: Don’t forget the eyes: Give your eyes a bold finish with any eyeliner that contains a fine-tipped pencil for the waterline. Makeup artists stress using black kajal for a kohl-rimmed eye.
Step 7: Lips are there too: Applying lip liner can contour your lips and make your lipstick last longer. But before you apply lipstick, make sure to moisturize your lips with a balm underneath. When lipstick is applied on top, it creates a plumping 3D effect.
Which Lip Balm should you use?
Although you can make a lip balm at home, some formulations in the market are enriched with vital vitamins to nourish your dry lips.
Here are two ingredients you may use as a balm at home:
- Pomegranate: Since it is rich in essential antioxidants and minerals, it makes a great pick for a nourishing balm. Mix pomegranate juice and coconut oil in a container and let it freeze to make your balm.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an antioxidant and makes lips plump naturally. Mix cinnamon oil and cocoa butter well and allow the mixture to freeze. Use it as and when needed. It also helps increase blood circulation, and thus helps your lips stay redder.
Introducing Mamaearth Cherry Tinted 100% Natural Lip Balm
When picking a formulation, we advise you to choose a natural, safe, and toxin-free solution for your lips. Mamaearth Cherry Tinted Natural Lip Balm is equally suitable for men and women and has Cherry, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, and Castor Oil. It offers 12-hour moisturization, heals dry & chapped lips, and reduces hyperpigmentation in just one stroke.
Just twist, swipe and experience the perfect blend of care and color in just one stroke. It helps in reducing inflammation and stops free radical damage on the lips. It even nourishes your lips with vitamins A and E. Since we say no to harmful chemicals or toxins, our color care range is free of silicones, parabens, mineral oil, and dyes.
The best lip balm helps nourish and moisturize your lips with safe and non-toxic ingredients to offer the best protection for your lips. It should be devoid of toxins like petroleum, paraben, silicone, artificial fragrance, mineral oil, and dyes. Remember that lips need safe and gentle ingredients that soften the skin and not only coat it.
- Which is the best lip balm?
Although lip balms come with different formulations, we suggest you opt for non-toxic and chemical-free lip cream or balm to heal chapped lips. You can also opt for Mamaearth’s MadeSafe-Certified Lip Balm to leave your lips nourished and moisturized for 12 hours. It is crafted with only natural ingredients and gives your lips a subtle flush of color with a burst of moisture from dawn to dusk.
- How to use lip balm?
To apply balm on your lips, you need to place the balm tip against your bottom lip and apply a thin layer. Then repeat the process for your top lip. Provide a gentle touchup with your lips for an even tint.
- Is it good to apply lip balm every day?
Yes, If you have chapped lips or have a habit of picking them, apply the balm every day or as often as you need. It ensures your lips remain moisturized and soft for a long tim
|Popular Search Terms|
ashwagandha benefits, vitamin e for skin, scar removal cream, best oil for baby massage, Underarm whitening cream, bhringraj oil benefits, charcoal face mask benefits, what is charcoal, coconut milk benefits, cucumber benefits, dead skin, hair smoothening, baldness, how to use coffee for skin whitening, how to use honey for skin whitening, hair density, keratin, niacinamide serum benefits, pimple, rashes on baby skin, rice water benefits, benefits of rose water on face, saffron benefits for skin, Serum, vitamin c serum benefits, best hair oil for hair growth and thickness, how to use cleanser, skin lightening cream, how to remove acne marks, liquid detergent, acne face wash, matte lipstick, nude lipstick shades, crayon lipstick, rose pink lipstick, pink lipstick shades, nude lipstick, brown lipstick shades, red lipstick, benefits of ubtan, best lip balm for men