What do skincare and makeup enthusiasts have in common? Yes, it’s naturally healthy skin. It is a well-known fact that if you want your makeup to create magic, your facial canvas should be neat, clean, and receptive. Healthy skin makes it easier to apply cosmetics, no matter how complex the makeup steps are.
We all look for easy makeup hacks that help us save the day without major hassles. With the daily hustle and bustle, nobody has the time to do it all. This article will discuss what you need to do to achieve healthy skin, simple makeup steps, and everything in between!
What is Makeup Steps?
Like any other routine, you need dedication and consistency to achieve results. A skincare routine includes a detailed process of eradicating impurities and replenishing the skin with essential nutrients. It involves six essential steps that you should follow with care.
Let’s take you through them all, one by one:
- Clean your face with a face cleanser: Keeping your facial skin clean is the first step toward maintaining healthy skin naturally. A good face wash will help remove dirt, dust, and impurities from your face and give you a refreshed look.
Using a face cleanser at least twice daily helps maintain your skin’s hygiene. Then, try our Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash to implement a natural skincare routine. It gives your skin the goodness of Vitamin C and keeps your skin free from dryness and irritation.
- Exfoliate your skin using a scrub: Skin exfoliation comes with amazing benefits for your skin. You should use a mild face scrub to remove the deposit of dead skin cells on your face. It gives your facial skin the revival it needs most effectively.
We suggest you exfoliate your skin at least two to three times a week to get amazing results. Then, you can try Mamaearth Ubtan Face Scrub for Tan Removal. It has the natural goodness of Turmeric and Saffron to make your skin look beautiful and radiant!
- Uplift your skin with a toner: Cleansing and scrubbing may have removed the skin impurities, but they may also leave the skin pores open. If not locked with nourishment, these pores might get clogged and cause your skin to sag. A face toner would help you replenish the lost nourishment after removing your makeup.
You should use a toner to hydrate your skin gently and lock your skin pores with essential nutrients. It would uplift your appearance and help you look better. Try our Vitamin C Face Toner to give your skin the best of nature and skincare!
- Hydrate your skin with a moisturizer: While toning does help a lot in providing your skin with essential nutrients, hydrating your facial skin using a face cream or a moisturizer is equally important. It helps accelerate cell growth and free your skin from dryness, itchiness, and irritation.
We suggest you use Mamaearth Vitamin C Oil-Free Face Moisturizer to keep your skin fresh, hydrated, and naturally free from oil deposits. It quickly absorbs into your skin and has a non-greasy effect on your skin. So, if you are looking for some natural goodness for your skin, it is right here!
- Don’t forget the under-eye cream: No matter how delicate your skin is, the skin under your eyes is more delicate than the former. Therefore, while following a skincare routine, it is vital that you apply an under-eye cream to maintain your skin’s health beneath your eyes.
Mamaearth’s Under Eye Creme has the nutritional qualities of Cucumber and Coffee that help remove dark circles, puffiness, and swelling underneath your eyes. It tightens the skin and makes it look radiant and youthful with every application. You should use it twice a day to achieve desired results.
- Shield your skin with sunscreen: Sun protection is necessary for effective and healthy skin care. Once you protect your skin from harmful UV rays, you will see improved skin texture, tone, and many other improvements soon.
Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen is natural and specially formulated for Indian skin texture. It has the naturally nourishing properties of Turmeric and Carrot Seed Oil. With toxin-free care to offer, it has excellent SPF protection and should be applied even if you are indoors all day!
Do Makeup Steps Vary According to Your Skin Type?
It is a question that has gone unanswered for a while now. Makeup Products/steps are mostly the same when using cosmetics, irrespective of your skin type. You need to understand that your choice of cosmetics is the real deal breaker!
Is it getting too complicated? Let’s simplify it further. For instance, if you need to know the makeup steps for oily skin or dry skin, you will notice barely any difference between the two. However, if you have a dry skin texture, you should opt for creamy foundations and face moisturizers. On the other hand, if you have oily skin, you need the product to have a dilute or water-based solution.
Skincare and cosmetics will always be related because they share a common base – your face. So the steps mentioned ahead will remain the same for all skin types, though the skincare products chosen may differ.
How to do Makeup Step by Step?
We may have several different thoughts when discussing makeup steps for face. What should I apply first? Does makeup application happen before or after the skincare regimen? These are just the tip of the iceberg. After we explain the steps to you, we will ensure your doubts do not go unanswered. Let’s start with the following:
- Step 1. Prep your face: Once you are done with your daily skincare regimen, it is time to prep your face by applying cosmetics. Before application, it is important to prep your face and neck first with a primer.
A primer is a base that holds your makeup intact on the face. It helps you create a smooth base to apply makeup. You should take a dime-sized amount of primer to apply from the center of your face and then work through the forehead, nose, and chin.
- Step 2. Set the base: After the primer gets absorbed in your facial pores, it is time to apply a liquid foundation to set the base and create your look for the day. When choosing a foundation, you must be careful about the shade you choose.
You should always select a foundation shade closest to your skin tone. Since applying foundation is considered one of the most important makeup steps for face, it should be paid attention to equally. If you select the wrong shade, it might make your face look weird.
For instance, if you have a dry skin texture, you can choose a radiant or glossy finesse foundation to prevent your face from looking flaky. On the other hand, a matte finish foundation will work great for your facial skin if you have an oily skin texture.
- Step 3. Conceal the aging signs: Perfection is overrated but is still an important factor to consider when applying makeup. Not using a good-quality face concealer often proves to be the deal breaker for any makeup look to come out right.
The initial face makeup steps in order require applying a concealer because it hides signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes, etc. Next, you should pick a shade that matches your skin tone or a shade lighter – whatever you feel works for you. Finally, you should now use the applicator to blend the makeup and maintain the consistency of your look.
- Step 4. Compact the sweat in a swipe: Would you like it if your makeup appears to melt on your skin due to the climate or any other reason? Not at all, right? Remember to use a compact powder after applying the concealer if you wish to escape the mishap.
Makeup steps vary according to the look you wish to create. But, if you do not want your sweat to steal the show, you should use a compact powder to keep it away. It would help you effortlessly create a long-lasting effect on your recreated look.
- Step 5. Blush those apples: Who said rosy cheeks are outdated? They always trend in hearts and minds if you do them right! Applying a blush helps in adding a flush of color to your flawless face.
You can choose natural pink or several vibrant shades if you want a nice, glam night. There is always a color for every mood. But do make sure it suits your skin type, texture, and tone. Your cheeks are set to steal the show!
- Step 6. Blend away the eye shadow: Your eyes can express a lot more than your words. The key to your heart needs to make a statement, especially when the occasion calls for it. One of the major eye makeup steps you should master is applying eye shadow- it is easier than you think!
You can begin by applying simple makeup steps with neutral color to your eyelids entirely. Then, apply a dark shade on the crease to complement your look. Finally, ensure the application of the lightest shade on the brow bone from the palette to complete your look. It helps add definition and precision to your eyes!
- Step 7. Line, wing, and lash your expressions: Your eye makeup might seem incomplete without kohl, eyeliner, and mascara. You can experiment with them all, but when applied together, they make a statement that is hard to ignore.
Remember that a thin eyeliner look will work great when applying kohl to your waterline. Also, apply the mascara on both sides of your eyelashes to make them look healthy and more beautiful!
- Step 8. Pucker up those lips: A lipstick that matches your skin tone and outfit will complete the look most beautiful. If you want those heads to turn at you, you should complete this step correctly.
The last of the basic makeup steps, apply lipstick after outlining your lips with a lip liner. A pop of colors for your cupid’s bow will steal the attention of every admirer! It would also help make your lips look fuller and give them a smooth base for lipstick application.
Applying cosmetics is an art. When done by keeping the most intricate details in mind, your look becomes a statement for others to remember. However, no matter how subtle or glamorous you want your makeup to be, there is always room for expertise that speaks for itself.
Makeup steps may look tiresome, but once you get the hang of it, they will become second nature to your makeup application habits. While we can go on and on about its importance, we must also emphasize the importance of using toxin-free makeup products.
Before selecting cosmetics, it is important to find answers to some important questions. Is it compatible with your skin tone? Will it harm your skin in any manner? Are all your essentials in the vanity safe to use? Sometimes, makeup products can promise a lot for your skin, may exceed your expectations, and give short-term results but may end up harming your skin in the long run.
Asking these questions to yourself is vital. It gives you a better understanding of what your skin wants. From understanding your skin texture to getting the makeup basics right, you will start making better choices for your skin. It will be filled with healthier preferences and hacks that keep your skin happy and healthy!
You should always use cosmetics that benefit or nourish your skin in the best way possible. Mamaearth’s beauty and makeup ranges speak for themselves. Our products are natural, free from harmful chemicals and toxins, and are MadeSafe-certified. In addition, they are dermatologically tested and suited for all skin types.
- What goes on first when applying makeup?
The first among all the makeup steps is the application of a good primer on your face and neck. It helps create a smooth finish and fills open pores with care to give a smooth canvas for unleashing the makeup enthusiast in you.
- What should we apply on the face before applying makeup?
You should follow an extensive skincare routine before applying cosmetics on your face, no matter how subtle your look will be. It helps keep your skin naturally healthy and minimizes the harm caused by the external aggressors of the environment.
|Popular Search Terms|
liquid detergent, acne face wash, best lip balm, best concealer, lipstick color, lip care, glossy lips, pimple gel, sensitive skin, Healthy Teeth, how to use hair mask, how to use apple cider vinegar for hair, best shampoo for hair growth and thickness, body spray for men, what is acne, beauty face, skin irritation, Dry lips, light lipstick shades, serum for pigmentation, pimple face wash, lipstick guide for skin tone, plump lips, sagging skin, combination skin, scaly skin, Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, what is foundation, shampoo and conditioner, itchy skin, how to use shampoo and conditioner, what is toner, dark lips, facial kit, black spot on skin, long lasting lipstick, itchy scalp, what is acne, beauty tips for girls, difference between cleanser and face wash, foundation shades, foundations and concealers