Indian households have always relied on the sweet side of nature to nourish their mind, body, and soul. You would almost always find oils made of seeds and dry fruits quite common, but currently argan oil for hair is also fast making waves in the Indian consumer market. Here’s why too should consider using it alongside your current repertoire of hair oils.
Among all oils, plant-based oils are the best. They are reliable because they are derived from Mother Nature and come recommended with several hundred years of proud history. In India, mustard, coconut, and almond oils are three of the best hair oils for regular use. However, times are now changing in favor of oils that enjoy the same patronage in other parts of the world- and argan oil is one of them.
Using argan oil for hair has been quite a customary practice in western Africa, chief among them are countries like Morocco and Algeria. Its application on skin minimizes wrinkles and nourishes the skin cells, while its use on hair strengthens the hair roots and reduces dryness.
It is one of the best hair oils available but its efficiency still depends greatly on its composition and choice of carrier oils.
What is argan oil?
The westernmost country in the African continent, Morocco is home to a particular species of tree called argan, and argan oil is made from the kernels of this endemic tree. Its fruit was earlier used as a staple diet in local culinary arts, but it has now grown its clout to include various skin care and hair care benefits. It is also known as ‘Liquid Gold’ because its active ingredients provide therapeutic benefits.
You could use this oil as such or enhance its effectiveness by mixing it with other carrier oils. Hair care experts advise using it with coconut oil, sunflower oil, or rosemary oil for the best results. They highlight the advantages of the Moroccan hair care remedy that you may use to improve your hair care routine.
Why should you use argan oil for hair?
Most of us are unaware of the hair oil we should apply to solve our haircare problems. Although coconut oil is highly recommended for dry hair, it can occasionally clog the pores and worsen the condition. Olive oil has the necessary nutrients but cannot sufficiently hydrate or nourish your hair in the rainy season. Pure almond oil can be quite expensive if it is not mixed with other carrier oils.
This is why you should choose a smart option and switch to using argan oil for your hair. It is rich in vitamins and fatty acids, providing multiple benefits for the scalp and hair. This oil helps the skin become more radiant and minimizes the risk of heart illnesses because it is also rich in minerals and antioxidants.
Did you know? By providing deep nourishment, this oil also minimizes hair breakage and dandruff. This is why several hair care experts advise using it to treat many common hair care issues.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Routine Hair Care
It has been proved scientifically that argan oil offers various culinary, therapeutic, and cosmetic uses. The presence of vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids too plays a significant role.
There are many argan oil benefits for hair care as is evident from qualified research works. This oil improves several interconnected aspects of our health, such as improving the heart’s functionality, lowering the risk of cancer, and minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. However, these advantages are so varied that it would be impossible to cover them all in one essay.
Let’s concentrate on the explanations for why an oil containing argan extracts is referred to as one of the best hair oils nowadays. The following are some of its benefits for healthy hair growth:
- Reduces flakiness and dandruff: Argan Oil is rich in vitamins D and E, and fatty acids. The trio works wonders to moisturize the scalp and relieve seasonal dryness in hair care. We recommend leaving it applied overnight so that it has the chance to penetrate the hair roots more deeply.
- Protects from intense heat and dangerous chemicals: Applying argan oil for hair benefits when used regularly provides adequate nutrition and shields them from further damage. It creates a barrier to protect your hair from drying out. It may also be used as a styling product before using any heating tools or color dyes.
One may make one’s hair softer and shinier by applying a small amount of this oil from the root to the tip. It works just as fine for rough or frizzy hair too.
- Moisturizes the hair– Argan oil has a lightweight and non-greasy texture. It thus penetrates the roots, nourishes the hair cuticles, and makes the hair shinier. Since it goes deep into the hair cells, this oil provides deep conditioning for frizzy hair and split ends too.
- Combats baldness and promotes hair growth: Due to its high vitamin C content, using argan oil for hair growth helps strengthen new hair follicles. It increases hair volume and counteracts the effects of hair thinning, thus preventing frequent and excessive hair loss.
- Manages hair and prevents frizz: Using argan oil for frizzy hair helps reduce hair fall and nourish the hair follicles. This oil is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E that moisturize and protect damaged hair roots.
Using argan oil for hair care routines helps control frizzy hair, repair broken ends, fortify damaged hair, and improve its elasticity, thus making the hair more manageable and dramatically enhancing its appearance. Its regular use strengthens the hair follicles and thus makes it easier for you to manage and style your hair.
Why should you opt for Mamaearth?
At Mamaearth, we thoughtfully craft safe and gentle hair care products that help you stay closer to Mother Nature. These products only feature natural and toxin-free ingredients and do not contain harmful chemicals like sulfates, parabens, or SLS. These factors make our products pure, effective, and well-advised for regular use.
Ditto for our Argan Oil. It comes powered by two natural carrier oils- Avocado oil and Coconut oil. They help provide Argan oil a high grade of nourishment and thus help you have the best hair care experience at home.
- Argan Oil: Argan Oil‘s fatty acids and antioxidants help strengthen your hair. It guards against harm from free radicals and styling agents. As a result, it increases the hair’s overall quality by reducing frizz and breakage.
- Avocado Oil: It helps repair and moisturize hair cells. This oil contains minerals that protect hair from environmental damage, sunlight, and chlorine-related breakage and damage.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil contains minerals and fatty acids that protect hair from environmental damage, sunlight, and chlorine-related breakage and damage.
- Castor Oil: Your scalp receives the essential vitamins and nutrients from castor oil. The latter also accelerates hair growth, improves blood circulation, and moisturizes the hair roots.
Using our argan oil for hair care treatment also offers many benefits. Its regular application helps reduce seasonal dryness, and makes the hair softer and healthier. This oil reduces frizzy hair, improves the scalp and hair, and offers adequate hydration and nutrition.
We advise you to try our Argan Hair Oil today for an overnight application. You may also consider massaging it into your hair and leaving it for about three hours before washing it with a sulfate free shampoo. It would help make your hair stronger, softer, and well-moisturized without being greasy or sticky.
There is a reason this Moroccan staple oil is often referred to as ‘Liquid Gold.’
- Is argan oil good for hair?
Yes. Argan oil is good for hair because it helps hydrate the hair roots and scalp, and shield them from environmental irritants. Enriched with Omega-3 fatty acids, this oil also helps reduce frequent and excessive hair fall, and makes the hair more manageable.
- Can I use argan oil on my hair every day?
Argan oil has great nourishing effects since it is rich in vitamins and vital fatty acids. In addition, there is no need to apply argan oil daily because one application will keep your hair shinier and healthier for 2-3 days.
- Should I apply argan oil to wet or dry hair?
You can apply argan oil to both wet and dry hair.
- Is it OK to leave argan oil in hair overnight?
Leaving the oil overnight gives your hair more time to absorb the many beneficial elements. This oil is excellent for people with dandruff or frizzy hair because it contains vitamin E and omega 6.