Combat dark skin during pregnancy, acne and other skin problems with these 6 easy steps.
Congratulations to you as you embark on the journey of motherhood!
If amidst a multitude of changes in your body, you happen to notice that your skin has patches of darker skin, chances are that you have a condition called pregnancy mask.
What is “pregnancy mask”?
- Dark blotchy patches appear on the skin during pregnancy. As these patches generally appear in the areas where we normally apply facemask, it is called pregnancy mask. The scientific term is chloasma or melisma gravidarum.
- 50-75% of expectant mothers face this condition.
- Due to super-high level of estrogen in the body, secretion of melanin increases, leading to areas like upper lips, nose, cheekbones and forehead appearing dark or patchy, like a mask.
- The dark patches of skin also appear on arms, cheeks, backand other parts of the body as well.
- This change is temporary and the dark patches generally disappear after pregnancy or latest by the time you stop breastfeeding.
Other Skin problems and their causes:
Some of the other common skin problems during the lifetime of a personthat have their main causes as sunlight, hormonal imbalance, stress, lack of sleep, lack of healthy diet and dehydration are:
- Around 80% of the people, suffer from Acne problem at some point in their lives. The onset of acne usually happens during puberty and goes on till we are 50-60 years old.
- Eczemaoccurs as a reaction of some disease but people who have dry skin usually face this problem.
- The most common cause of dark spots is sun-damaged skin. Skin damaged due to sun is also a very common reason for skin cancer.
- Wrinkles are generally said to be signs of aging. But wrinkles are caused when skin becomes dry and loses elasticity. Wrinkles are also caused because of excessive exposure to UV light from sun causing damage to the collagens and elastic fibres in the skin. As the skin becomes less flexible, it starts to droop and wrinkles appear.
What can we do to combat Pregnancy mask and otherskin problems?
- Considering that sunlight is the single most common source of skin issues, usage of a sunblock with SPF 30 or more helps to stop the UV rays of sun from damaging our skin permanently.
- A well balanced diet helps in maintaining hormonal balance. Deficiency of folatecauses hyperpigmentation. So, focus on having the right balance of vegetables, fruits and wholesome cereals in your diet.
- Ensuring proper sleep of 7-8 hours. Keeping a daily routine of sleeping at the same time and waking up at the same time helps to keep the body clock functioning smoothly, reduces stress and thereby maintain hormonal balance.
- Regular exfoliation (once in two days) and use of natural facemasks (once in two weeks) helps in skin rejuvenation.
- In order to get rid of pregnancy mask, do not use bleaches or any other harmful chemicals. Go for products that are devoid of any harmful chemicals like alcohol, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, PEG & fragrances.
Mamaearth’s C3 mask is Asia’s 1’st MadeSafe Certifiedface mask. This product does not contain any harmful chemicals like alcohol, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, PEG & fragrances (Read here to know more about this).
- Ensure that you follow your skincare routine diligently. Breakouts like acne and pimples are due to excessive secretion of sebum. So, keeping the skin clear of toxins through regular cleansing and usage of a good quality face mask with essential ingredients
How to identify a good Facemask for skin rejuvenation
- Facemasks help in skin rejuvenation and compensate for whatever the skin is lacking, depending on the ingredients used. They help in providing the additional support to skin in its regenerative process.
- Face masks using fruits considered safe during pregnancy are natural agents that help in hydrating the skin. Papaya helps in revitalizing the skin. Cucumber is very useful to reduce dark spots caused due to excessive melanin, healing a sun burnt skin as well as for creating even skin tone. Mulberry is great for sensitive skin and it helps to rejuvenate the skin by removing toxins, unclogging pores as well as help in reducing them.
- Facemasks with Clay helps in skin firming; reduction of pores as well as skin rejuvenation.
- The natural activated charcoal as part of facemask helps to pull the toxins and dust away and helps to lighten the skin pigmentation.
- Coffee as an active ingredient of a facemask helps to
- Increase the blood circulation.
- Research has also shown that caffeine helps to reduce cellulite, removes hyper pigmentation, pregnancy mask and in general, dark spots.
- Makes the skin firmer and smoother,
- Protects the skin that has been damaged due to sun.
- Completely kill the damaged skin cells, thereby avoiding the possibility of mutation and growth of unwanted cancerous cells.
A quick google search will give you many home made remedies using the individual ingredients mentioned above. To make your life easier, and get the benefits of all of the above, MamaEarth has researched and put together their C3 maskwhich has all the goodness of activated charcoal, coffee andBentonite-Kaolin clay. All this is combined with the goodness of fruits like papaya, cucumber, mulberry and aloevera.
MamaEarth’s C3 mask has been specially created to gently remove the effects of pregnancy mask and maintain healthy, glowing skin, during and post pregnancy. It can be also safely included in your regular skincare regime. Mamaearth’s products have been tested dermatological on sensitive human skin for allergic reactions in highest standard lab QACS of Europe. It has been certified as safe for sensitive skin by the lab basis testing.
Regular Skincare Routine:
- Cleansers should be selected based on the skin type. For oily and acne prone skin, it is better to use gentle, mild foaming cleansers. Dry skin types should stay away from foaming or alcohol based cleansers as they make the skin too dry.
- After cleansing, toning should be done as it helps to remove the residue from the use of cleanser, balance the pH of the skin and reduce the pores.
- Cleansing and toning makes the skin lose its moisture. So, moisturizing is important to hydrate the skin.
- Regular usage of a good quality Hypoallergenicface mask like Mamaearth’s C3 mask can help combat these skin problems.
Order the MamaEarth’s C3 mask today and commit yourself to having healthy and glowing skin.